Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Rant about my BMW dealership.

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by vinayspbmw, Oct 13, 2010.

frauleindoktorZ

I'm guessing it's a shorter antenna, like the "Black Carbon Fiber Short 3" Inch Antenna" that I see advertised sometimes. Just a guess though.

I'd like to hear more about the final outcome of this story. That turnaround time and the subsequent issues are pretty embarrassing. You don't suppose it's still in the shop 6 weeks since the last update?! ;)

shipkiller

Most of us just bought a stubby from Ebay. Cheap and they work..

Satch, It looks like your Zed has a stubby....

Not all dealers are created equal.

I had my inspection 1 performed by my local dealer about three weeks ago. They did a wonder job and the car was perfect..

STIHLBOLTS guest

STIHLBOLTS guest

Yes a up date on the OP would be great.

Best regards

shipkiller

frauleindoktorZ

Thanks! I drew it myself, figured it'd be a little bit different. Need to grow my hair back out to match. Or maybe I'll just Photoshop it and update it, heh.

PS: Your tutorial on cleaning the Z4's drain holes is one of the things that convinced me to de-lurk. Thanks for putting that together!

shipkiller

Thanks.

How about some pictures of you with your car? That way I can put a real face to the avatar...:)

MGarrison

You are obviously very talented & creative, great artwork! Nice!

frauleindoktorZ

Aww, thanks guys! I'll update the user pic on my profile. I didn't want to further derail this particular thread though, so I'll tack on a reply at my meet and greet thread here (Satch already said hi, hee)

StewieZ4

The Good, The Bad

After reviewing some of the posts, it seems there is alot of difference in the dealerships , some good, some bad. I bought a 2007 Z4 in January. On May 26, the hottest day of the year, I drove to northern New Jersey to see my niece graduate form law school. As it got warmer, I discovered that the air conditioner didn't work. Decided to stop at the Morristown, NJ ,Dealer to at least have it checked to determine the problem. If it was a major problem, I could return to Lower Slower Delaware to have it fixed. If it was a fuse or something, they might be able to take a minute to fix it. None of the 10 service writers were able to get off their phones to check it out. (The Bad). I forgot I could hit the SOS button from the parking lot to get directions to another dealer that could help me. I ended up returning to Delaware where the Dealer in little Milford, DE, (the Good), took ten minutes to reprogram the computer, they even washed the car. Hope I never have a problem in Morristown again.

Syrupflow guest

I would agree. Morristown is a rather large dealer/service center, but I have had similar dealings with them in the past.