Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Getting Roundel magazine?

Discussion in 'Roundel Magazine' started by edyu, Oct 9, 2010.

edyu

Hello,
    I'm a new member and I was waiting for Roundel magazine to arrive in the mailbox. I did get an email on the digital version of the Sept issue and I wonder if it's still possible to get the Sept issue in hard copy? I joined right in the middle of September so I assume I'll get the October issue as the first issue? I'm a big fan of Alpina so I'd love to get a hard copy of the September issue if possible.

Thank you
    • Staff

steven s

Sorry, we have no Sept issues left.

BMRDRVR

I'll be happy to send you mine. Send me your address.

edyu

Awesome. Thank you so much.

bcweir

It's not advisable to post personal information on the web like that.

It's still possible to view the forum information without being signed in -- you just can't post that way.

You could have shared this information via the private messaging system. It would have been a lot more secure.

You don't know who's cruising the web for personal info like this: Criminals, spammers, thieves, etc. Someone who sees this is already going to assume you're affluent because of the nicely photographed image of your vehicle right next to your address. It would be reasonable for them to wonder what other kinds of desirable property you might own.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Also, if the Roundel doesn't arrive in your mailbox by the 15th, call the main office and they will send you a replacement copy free of charge.

BMRDRVR

I'll get it out tomorrow. And that guy sitting in the car outside your house with binoculars - I have no idea who he is!

bcweir

Which house would that be?

Unlike yourself, my street address isn't posted out for a billion people on the internet to see.

What's ironic is that if in the real world, you ran out of your house with the door unlocked wide open and unlocked, and somebody pointed it out, you'd probably say thank you. But when someone does the same thing to help you out online, you poke fun at the help.:confused:

Just thought I'd show you what your post looks like to someone not even logged onto the board.

So if someone ransacks or burglarizes your house as a result of your own carelessness and naivete leaving your personal information out for the entire planet to see on the Internet, I hope you at least man up and take responsibility for how it happened. The only person you can blame is the man you see in the mirror. Maybe an identity thief will "help" you out by checking your mail for you while he's there.

You're welcome.

edyu

I think you might have confused who left the address. It was me not the other person who was helping out.
    Thanks for pointing it out though.
    Somehow when I was checking private messaging capability it didn't show up. It might been an oversight. Thanks.

bcweir

No problem. Just please be careful what information you post online.

It might not be you who experiences the consequences of Lord knows who is reading it.

edyu

Thank you for pointing out to me and if you don't mind, can you also delete the thumbnail. :)

bcweir

What thumbnail?

No problem! Thumbnail deleted. Have a great day! :D

raghunadh guest

I signed up in late Feb, will I receive this month's copy in mail? TIA.
    • Staff

steven s

Your membership began after the March mailing list was sent to our printer.
    Your first issue will be mid April.
    In the meantime there is always digital Roundel.

raghunadh guest

Cool, thanks for your response. Can I get a copy of Mar at all or no?
    • Staff

steven s

You can call us during the week. Additional copies are $4.00.

wilmar13

Well, I logged in to find out what was up and it is past the 15th. Dang, I guess someone else got my December copy... it is like the USPS is trying to do a bad job now, and I seem to be getting stuff addressed to people that live on my street and not getting things that are addressed to me. I hope whoever got my copy at least enjoyed it since they couldn't be bothered to return it to me. :(