Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The National Speed Trap Exchange

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by M3Driver, Oct 9, 2010.

M3Driver guest

I heard about this site on TV recently. Looks to be very detailed and allows for easy addition of additional speed traps that one may see. I added one in our area that I know about.

http://www.speedtrap.org/

Michgndr89

I've been to that site and like it.

But I'm not sure why they broke down Kansas into towns. The entire state is a flippin' speed trap. Last time I drove I-70 from Salina to Colorado, I counted no less than 30 patrol cars perched in the median...on a weekday. It's been like that pretty much every time I've traveled that stretch.

rspeser

I looked at the site after reading this post. All of the locations that were of interest to me had the latest post around June. My 9500ix has always worked fine for me.

granthr

You need to get off 70 and take the B roads. I traveled hours at 80+ and never saw a cop, much prettier scenery too! :)

lcjhnsn

I found all of the local posts to be woefully outdated and unsubstantiated.

I know all the routine spots on my commute. A little common sense and Mr. Valentine take care of the rest.

Michgndr89

I did that in August. Non-interstate all the way. Zero cops, but the scenery didn't change.

There is a reason I-80 is plugged with semis when I-70 is vacant. Nebraska lets you drive!

As for the database, it is right on concerning I-25 at the WY/CO border. The Wyoming state boys watch the first 10 miles like a hawk.

granthr

Back when Montana was experimenting with no speed limits my friend hit Wyoming at 100+ and paid dearly. :(