Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Type 71 Rims on 1999 Z3

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by Casey_Bones, Sep 28, 2010.

Casey_Bones guest

Guys,

I recently picked up a 1999 Z3 2.3L roadster (finally!) and I'm looking at upgrading to 17" rims. I'm looking at the BMW Type 71 (P/N: 36111097185 - 8JX17 ET:20) and wondering if there will be any fitment issues. According to the ECS Tuning website, their fitment chart shows they are compatible with all model year Z3s. Has anyone tried these rims? Would apprecaite some advice, new to the CCA and first time posting so go easy on me 'eh? ;-)

Thanks guys.

granthr

What are you thinking...........:D:D:D

Just Kidding! Welcome to the club and to BMW!!!! Great car you have there! Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am sure someone here can and will.

Casey_Bones guest

Thanks Grant looking forward to getting to know some folks in the CCA and experience some of the events.

tiFreak

they should fit as long as you buy them in the 3 series or Z3 fitment, they were also offered on the 5 series and that fitment won't work with the Z3

Casey_Bones guest

Thanks Brendan, appreciate the info. Will double check with ECS.

Casey_Bones guest

Have a update for the benefit of others who may read this post, the E20 offset is too much for the Z3, the wheels do fit but they stick out beyond the fender edge a good inch or so (not the look I'm going for). Strike 1... Back to the drawing board. They always said I learn the hard way, guess they were right!

John in VA

It sounded like ECS Tuning provided the info that the offset was wrong before you purchased them. Buying wheels, buying tires and having them mounted & balanced, then discovering they don't fit is learning the hard way!

Casey_Bones guest

One last comment worth making, the folks at ECS Tuning (worked with Ben) were great to work with, they gave me no grief about the return (of course I spent more $$$ on other items). Pricing is competitive and they have practically everything I've been looking for.

willconltd guest

Stock offset is 41mm, so anything close should work.