Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to the Club

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by onebadm, Sep 22, 2010.

onebadm

or maybe Z4CE

floydarogers

For some strange reason, I keep thinking of "Ethanol" - E85 is, of course the most popular alternative fuel. Doesn't ring right; maybe Esther sounds better... Maybe I've had too much...

Hockeystyx

It's been an interesting collection/ contest...

I guess if we're putting names out here too, then I suppose I should tell you what the prize is. :D

I make guitar pick jewelry, and I have a site, etc. The winner gets a custom Guitar Pick Necklace...
    For a little background, my last car was Japanese, and had the name Hokusai Wantanabe. (Hokusai made the famous 'Zen Wave' wood block print, and Wantanabe for my favorite Anime series Cowboy Beebop. ) Some of these were translated to German, so here's what has been submitted thus far:

Skorpion
    Schein-blume (Sparkle-Flower... Inside joke at work...)
    Kunstler (Artist)
    Rasiermesser-Draht (Razor wire)
    Rasiermesser draht mit rosafarbenem bogen (Razor wire with Pink Bow)
    Land Shark (the local chapter guys kept saying this at my first meeting)
    B.A.B.S. (while funny, I don't know if I could call it that with a straight face..)
    Schneerflock (snowflake)
    Schneerstrum (blizzard... Which is funny, for a more 'summery' kind of car)
    The Angelmobile
    White Lightning
    Snow White
    Geschwindikeit (Speed.. Which Brian already pointed out the 335i can definitely make this one think twice on that name..lol)
    Frechen (Perky)
    Wolke (cloud)
    Sonnengottin (Sun Goddess)
    Freiya (Norse Goddess of Beauty)

Z4tunate1
    Z4CE ( < the Star Wars geek in me loves this!)
    Esther

This is getting GOOD! :D If it helps any, I named his car Gunterwent, for Gunter F. Wendt, the Launch Pad leader for many NASA manned spaceflight missions. He helped many astronaut get safely home, just as our 335i does. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

Gee, I see you've already met some of the inmates! ;)

onebadm

one more

Z4KINIT.....Geez it's early for this!

Hockeystyx

You are AWESOME!

onebadm - I'm SO glad you hopped on here!!! :)

CRKrieger

Is it just me or is it ironic that the one professional writer we have here doesn't help out with the name contest? :rolleyes:

I'd add a variant to one of your ideas already:

'Angelmobil' is the German version and is pronounced with a soft 'g' (since German has no 'j' sound).

But then what the hell do I know? My car's name is 'Kelvinator' - because it's old, square, white, and cool. :D

[IMG]

Hockeystyx

Hahahahahahaha!!! NICE! :D

Thanks CRKreiger!

onebadm

That is great!!!!

onebadm

one more

Z4PLAY A mind is a wonderful thing to waste!!

Hockeystyx

You must REALLY want one of my necklaces... ;)

Or you're dead-set on me getting some wickisweet vanity plates! :D

bcweir

AllieZ4 is my submission. Or you can drop the 4.

Allie for Alpineweiss (presumably, the car's color). Z for what else -- BMW's signature letter for ROADSTERS!

onebadm

ok, my last one....I think

Z41N14Z......................my brain is too big for my head, it hurts bad!!!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

License plates

These happen to be in my collection:

IMZ14U

and

UZ14ME

onebadm

Very nice!!!!!!

Hockeystyx

Name Angel's Car Contest Closed...

I want to thank all of you who posted names for the car- they were truly fun!!

I seriously had trouble selecting a good name for the Z4, but I did find one that suits it quite elegantly.

In any case, I want to thank:

onebadm
    floydarogers
    CRKrieger
    bcweir

and
    Satch (the hoot) ;)

I do have guitar pick necklaces that I'd like to send to you five for joining into the contest, totally free of charge. Please feel free to message me privately with where you would like me to send your necklaces to, and I'll be happy to get those out this week! :)

I also have photos of the necklaces to choose from- I think the photo might be too large to politely post on the forums.

Oh, and the name selected?
    "Anneke Dietrich"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathilde_Franziska_Anneke
    Mathilde Franziska Anneke was a feminist writer, who really had quite a history in her lifepath. I liked "Anneke" because it's fun to say, and she and her husband were not only very politically charged, but also very outspoken against slavery in their many publishings. She was also a friend to Susan B. Anthony- which I also liked that idea, seeing as my particular Z4 was built in Spartanburg. :) She founded an all girls school, which suggests to me that she believed in empowering girls with knowledge- much like I hope to do with learning about the car.

Marlene Dietrich
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlene_Dietrich
    Amazingly sophisticated, from the sassy swirl of her curls right down to those signature eyebrows- Marlene Dietrich defines "power" and "class" like no other. The Z4 has it's own polish and definitions that make people notice. Just like Dietrich, it delivers a commanding performance! :)

onebadm

Your choice is excellent and to be commended for the intelligent thought process devoted to it!

Congrats and thanks for the offer.

I will pm you when I an able to.

Hockeystyx

Thank you kindly! :)

I did get your PM (Thank you!)

and when I get to my own terminal at my desk, I'll send you the pictures. (I'm on an assignment until about 12:30CT)

I love calling the Z "Anneke"... it just sort of... fits! :D

(She's getting soaked to the chassis today- it's raining pretty hard outside! Maybe it will wash off the bug splatter... I *REALLY* miss the nice weather we had last week even more now!)

bcweir

Sounds like your car is taking a relaxing shower!

Better that than a soak in a hot tub!

Hockeystyx

Hi Again! :)

I tried to send a reply back- but it says you have your settings to where I can't... :confused:
    In any case- I sent you a very special one for your wife. It should be arriving soon! :)

Thanks again for all the fantastic names!!

(BTW- the Spousal unit *loved* "Z4PLAY" and hopes that I still get plates that say that... HAHAHAHHAHA :D )