Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to the Club

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by onebadm, Sep 22, 2010.

onebadm

Greetings from Alpharetta, GA. The wife and I are very happy to have joined and are looking forward to meeting many of the fine folks here. I've attached a couple of photos of the rides, an 02 M3 SMG and an 05 Cooper S 6MT.

Cheers

granthr

Welcome to the Club!!! Great cars you have there! :D

jagman212000 guest

Welcome

to the BMWCCA family. Nice rides. Make yourself at home and start posting. :)

onebadm

Thanks for the welcome!! We're traveling up north this week coming to CT. then across to Pittsburgh, looking forward to the cooler weather and a scenic cruise in the M. Cruise control a must!!

bcweir

Welcome! What a beautiful pair of cars!

Welcome to our addiction -- the cars!!

Hockeystyx

Hi! I'm semi-new here too.. Welcome! :)

Those are beautiful cars! :)

I've recently joined too- and everyone here has been tremendously helpful and a very fun-loving group :)

Welcome aboard!

onebadm

Nice rides

Thanks and your cars are also great looking. Ours are his and hers also, she's the M me's the Cooper

bcweir

What??? I thought it was the other way around!

The MINI has a reputation for attracting the ladies, but she went for the E46? Impressive! Or should I say, ///M-pressive!:p

Although I will admit, your Board nickname played a part in that mistaken assumption as well.

onebadm

Understood. She is getting quite a bit of attention with the car though, she's amused by it. My Cooper is modded up a bit and provides a bit harsher ride and we had it first so it's mine. No problem, I still get to cruise in the big baby.

bcweir

Even better....

...and while I am not sure if you have noticed this, but both cars are considered to be the most athletic members of their respective families (unless you count the Cooper S and the JCW Mini).

Hockeystyx

Thank you kindly! :) I have the E85 (Is that right, Brian?) and he has the 335i, but I have no idea what it's distinction is... (I'm sure lots of people will tell me... hahahhaha! But it's all good!)

For those who haven't guessed, not just new to the boards, but new to having a BMW of my own... the other Beemers were always HIS.. LOL!

I'm starting my own blog soon:
    "The Girls Guide to Beginner Beemerism"
    :D

onebadm

I'll let the wife know about that, she'll be more than active. She had a 99 323i 5spd before this and just fell in love with the Bimmer experience, went looking for an 03 or 04 330 ZHP found a couple but they went fast and the M just fell into our laps and couldn't pass up on it.

bcweir

Yes. HockeySTYX has an E85.

In that case, I'll remember to look BOTH ways before crossing the street. :D

Hit the accelerator on both, and you'll never mistake the two again. Easiest explanation is that one is turbocharged (the 335i) and the other is not (Z4).

Sounds great to me. Just let me know which bookshelf to buy it from.

Definitely nothing wrong with the '02 M3. Finally, those crazy Germans stopped keeping the GOOD stuff for themselves when it came to the M3. On the E36 M3, they sent us the relatively mild 240 hp 5-speed version, while keeping the firebreathing 302 hp, 6-speed version to themselves, those limey b---, not going to say it!

onebadm

We really like the power, it's freakin' addicting!!!

bcweir

I think most other M3 owners in the "keeper" column will agree!

I'm still amazed that a mere 300 hp is enough to propel MY 4,200 pound vehicle to jailing-level rates of speed on the highway.

What's even more sinister is that the E32 750iL attempts to encourage these bullet runs on the highway with 18 mpg on the highway!

CRKrieger

I think you should know:

'Beemer' = BMW motorcycle (mine is a '78 R100RS Motorsport Edition)
    'Bimmer' = BMW automobile (mine is an '87 535is E28, seen to your left)
    'Beamer' = Old fart in a Buick with the high beams on 24/7

Using 'Beemer' for the cars seems to be a Left Coast/non-cognoscenti phenomenon. No chapter of the BMW CCA uses 'Beemer' in a name, but a number of them (my own Badger Bimmers included) use 'Bimmer'. That is as close to an 'authority' as anyone has on this issue but, since I'm in one of those chapters, I'm sticking with it.

onebadm

Correct you are

I was going to correct the usage of the term but as a newbie to the CCA I figured it best to let a veteran handle the proper terminology.

Cheers.

Hockeystyx

Knock yourselves out gentlemen.... ;)

Bless your hearts!!

By all means, gentlemen- call 'em whatever you like.

I'm actually having a contest on my site to give the E85 an actual "Name" so it won't be of an issue come October 1st... :D

(Guess I shouldn't mention that 'LandShark' is in the lead??) ;)

onebadm

How about "Z4tunate1"?

bcweir

A bit of a mouthful, but I like it

There are definitely some possibilities.