Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMP short shifter

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by Apex000, Sep 21, 2010.

Apex000

A Club Member (Tejas) is selling a BMP short shifter that was for his 1998 M3 . I figure i might as well buy it, until i order the UUC EVO 3 short shifter i want.

So the question i'm asking is , Will the shifter be compatible with my 1999 328iC |e36| ?

Thanks.

bcweir

Yes it will fit.

Good luck and congrats.

Apex000

awesome :)

Apex000

Okay , i had my short shifter installed two day's ago , it's a BMP racing adjustable short shifter i got from a BMW CCA memeber (tejas chapter) that i got a great deal on (it will hold me over until i get the UUC EVO 3 ).

Anyway , so i adjusted the throw to the position i wanted , which was pretty short (but not too short) . Well i take the car for a spin and i hear this grinding noise and there was a terrible vibration in the gear lever . It was the selector arm hitting the drive shaft , so i readjust it and it's fine now , not the shortest throw i wanted ( still much shorter than stock) .

everything works fine , except that the selector arm still rubs in two occasions , Reverse and the shift going into 5th gear (not really noticeable ).

anyone have a clue of why the selector arm would hit the driveshaft ?:confused: