Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Stolen Bulbs - 2002 330Ci Side Indicator Lights?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Supplyguy, Sep 19, 2010.

Supplyguy guest

Last night the bulbs and lenses from the side turn indicator lights were stolen from my car while parked outside a hotel in Philly. Now have holes and wires dangling. Are bulbs really that hard to come by? Bizarre.

John in VA

az3579

I'd be more worried about possible damage than stolen bulbs; as long as they didn't damage anything in the process, don't worry about it. :)

Supplyguy guest

Stolen Bulbs?

Thanks - was grateful harnesses weren't cut. Replacement lenses were $3 on Rockauto and bulbs were a buck. Still puzzled on the loose harness protruding from under the right side of the front bumper. No lights are out. Tucked it under the bumper until next service.

granthr

You were in Philly, I wouldn't expect any less from the wonderful residents of that city. Although it is amazing what people will do to steal something worth less than $5 (I use to live there so I can bash it all I want!!! :D) Things like this is why I no longer live in Philly! :cool:

jagman212000 guest

Sad

Just plain sad

bcweir

i can say the same about my late E21 when I lived in New Orleans

Unfortunately, my "hit" was a little more severe -- I took a hit on my rear quarter window. Smash and grab nutjob. The idiot didn't bother looking in the car first before realizing there was nothing to steal. Cost me a little over $100 to replace the passenger side rear quarter window.:mad:

Thankfully, TX residents have largely left my e32 unmolested, knock wood.

az3579

Better than Camden, NJ. I hear baaaaaad things about that place.
    My swap guy says that a cop stopped him once because he waiting at a red light. The cop said "what are you doing? You don't wait at a red light in Camden! Just GO!"

I guess the reasoning is that he said he once had a Honda behind him at a red light and he saw a large group of people approaching the Honda. He was in his red E30 M3. When he saw them get too close, he just gunned it out of there. Needless to say, the guy in the Honda was probably pretty hurt and without a car the next day.