Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

It all started with an oil change...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Hockeystyx, Sep 15, 2010.

Hockeystyx

Hi! My name is Angel, and I've literally JUST purchased my first BMW!

(well, technically, I guess it's the third- but those were his cars. This one is allllll mine! I digress...)

Last Saturday, I went with the spousal unit to the dealership for an oil change on his 335i. While we're waiting, we decided to wander around the lot to see what was new.

I wasn't really out to buy a car at all- I was just going along to keep him company. Still, I had been searching for a car- but it had to have ALL of the 'requirements & requests' or I wasn't going to budge.

Then I saw it wink at me.

So, I casually struck up a conversation with the window sticker...
    "I see you're a light-colored convertible, with a light-colored top. Very impressive...but do you have light-colored interior?"
    Check. Not only was it in beige, but real leather. I had to get to know this little number better....
    "Your papers tout a lot of features, but I've had my heart broken too many times before. They've always been 'close but not quite'. Tell me you've got Bluetooth."

Then, at the bottom of the long list of features- I saw it: BMW Assist Bluetooth.

Not wanting to get my hopes up to be told it wasn't what I thought, I nearly walked away. This was just TOO good to be true. I'd been looking for at least a year- maybe more if I count when I sold my MGB in 1996 followed with seller's remorse the following summer.

It winked again. In a split moment a fantastic representative came over to us, and I was having him pull up all kinds of paperwork. I hadn't even given it a test drive yet- and with about 15 minutes time, I knew it was "The One". :). My longtime search had ended.

By that afternoon, we were proverbially pronounced 'Owner and Z4'....

(Oh he's NEVER going to let me go with him on an oil change trip again... HA!
    But he truly does love the car as much as I do.)

True love does exist!! Thanks for letting me ramble my happiness, and hope to meet many of you! :)
    Angel

bcweir

Wow! What an awesome story! Congratulations!

Good to meet you! Welcome!

Hope we can see photos of your Z4

Hockeystyx

Ok, here goes...

Hope this works.. Warning! This is a test of the BMWCCA Forum Signature System...

..This is only a test.... ;)

bcweir

Wow, very nice! And in my favorite color too!

Actually, not really my favorite, but it just so happens that both BMW's I have owned (bought both used) were Alpine White cars!

These white BMW's - I don't know how they find me!

330indy1

congrats on the E85 !!
    and welcome to the forums

GSMetal

(sniff...weep) I love a happy ending.

mrglock

And let the fun begin!!!! Welcome to BMWCCA and the pride of fine car ownership.

BMRDRVR

Wonderful story, wonderful car!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

Yes, Alpine White is best because it gives you such a nice background for the flames. . . :D

I hope you got the July issue (I think it was July!) with all the Z4 stories in it!

tiFreak

sounds like a nice car, I'd get those hallucinations of inaminate objects talking to you checked out though :p

Hockeystyx

Danke!!

I just got my membership on Wednesday, so I hope there might be a link for back issues maybe? I hope so...

I'm learning so much from these forums and the local Kansas City Chapter- it's been such a positive experience, I can't begin to thank everyone enough! :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh. My. God.

The KANSAS CITY CHAPTER?!

With BLAZEY and VOSSLER and the rest of those owl-hoots?

Oh, Lord. . . .

:D :D :D

Yes, you should be able to check out the de facto roadster issue online. . . August, maybe?

bcweir

Or if you don't mind checking out the Z4's roots...

...there's an excellent article on the Z3 in this issue.

Hockeystyx

Love that issue!! :)

Just stayed up WAAAAY too late last night reading the August Issue-

TOTALLY hooked on Roundel now!! :)

CRKrieger

X2 ... :cool: