Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Washington State New Bimmer Owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by olyeller, Sep 11, 2010.

olyeller

Hey everyone. I just took delivery of my new to me 2002 BMW 325Ci. If this worked, I am attaching a pic. I had to sell my restored 1965 Buick Skylark due to health reasons. After much searching and after looking at Porches, and Mercedes, I decided to try the BMWs. I really wanted a 2 door with a stick but wound up with an automatic step trans. The car has the premium option. It has been lowered had a body kit installed, and added a strut brace. It also has 18" wheels and high performance tires. The car only had 58K miles on it.

It does have a few issues. The cyclone separater needs to be replaced. I never heard of these before but from looking at it it appears to be something like a glorified PCV valve. I also have to replace the oil level sensor, a tie rod end, fix the passenger window regulator, and fix the sunroof sliding mechanism. Even with these issues, I am very happy with what I got for the price. These are great cars. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Greg

John in VA

BMRDRVR

Welcome, nice looking ride!

olyeller

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

Nice to have another Puget Sound member---or is that an erroneous assumption?! (I forget we now have, what, THREE Washington chapters?)!

You mean a cyclone separator isn't an aftermarket thingie that agitates the gas molecules for More Power And Better Mileage?!

;)

olyeller

I live in Federal Way currently. I assume that would be the Puget Sound chapter.

The cyclone separator is actually a factory installed device that agitates me and puts more money in the hands of BMW.

az3579

That's a nice E46 you've got there. Welcome to the 'CCA. :)