Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

CT Gatherers - Cars & Coffee - Every Sunday, Glastonbury CT

Discussion in 'Concours & Show/Shine' started by Deutsch Marques, Aug 25, 2010.

Deutsch Marques

Every Sunday morning, automotive and motorcycle enthusiasts gather at the Starbucks in Glastonbury CT. The event is organized by a local member of FerrariChat.com, but is open to anyone and everyone who is interested and behaves maturely.

I try to make it about once a month or so. The cars in attendance are often Ferraris (old and new), Porsches of all ages, BMWs, and an eclectic mix of nearly everything else! I've seen classic American, classic Alfa Romeo, a GTR, Lambo Countach, a large contingent of Ducatis and more. Typical weekly turnout is 10-30 vehicles.

Please check out this link for more information and directions.

This group of people is friendly and snobbery is not allowed. Shenanigans won't be tolerated, and mutual respect is expected from all. If that is your cup of tea, along with the desire to see some very interesting cars and speak with their owners, I highly encourage you to attend.

az3579

Are you heading out this Sunday? Was thinking of taking a trip in my new ride to go meet some "local" (I'm in Bridgeport) peeps.

lcjhnsn

WHAT NEW RIDE????

You bought the ZHP!!

az3579

Yes sir, I pick it up tomorrow.

Zeichen311

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Remember the rule: Pics or it didn't happen. :D (And congrats, either way!)

granthr

Botond I sure as hope you are keeping the E30!!!!!

E46 330i ZHP is an awesome car! I have driven a couple in the past. They are such great cars! I am guessing you got red over black! :)

I also bought a new ride a few weeks ago! :D 03 540i Sport, black over black of course. I will post a couple of pics of me towing it home. Yes towing. I blew the radiator on the test drive!!! :D Wasn't might fault though. Just driving it harder than the PO ever did. :cool:

Anyone want to buy a beautiful 98 328is Dinan S2?

There is a car and coffee event in my neck of the woods last saturday of every month. I can never go though b/c I have to always open my store. I wish it were on Sundays, so jealous.

az3579

You're starting to sound like Chris... lol
    Pics coming to an E46 section near you...

Unfortunately, the E30 is not staying. It is going to a good friend, however, so I will see if very frequently.

Of course it's red over black! Technically, it's red over alcantara. :)

Deutsch Marques

I hope to. It's looking like good weather. I'm trying to convince my cousin to come in his Boxster and a friend to bring his AMG somethingorother.

Deutsch Marques

The weather was hot, but otherwise perfect. There was a terrific turnout. What an eclectic mix of cars! And... this happens EVERY Sunday. I may very well go down again this Sunday, as the forecast has even nicer weather.

See attached for some pics. There was a classic Alfa Romeo, A nicely tuned Audi S4, a few BMWs, a classic and modern Lotuses (Loti?), a Mercedes, a ton of Ferrari's, including a rare glimpse of an F40, some classic American muscle, a custom hot rod, A Subaru, Scion, Ford Thunderbird, a couple Ducatis, a couple Porsches, Dodge Viper and Charger, and a few more I'm probably forgetting. At least 35 cars and a couple bikes.

az3579

Looks like I won't be making it again this Sunday... I forgot I was invited to lunch quite in the opposite direction of this gathering.