Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help me pick colors please.

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by TheStigsTwin, Aug 24, 2010.

TheStigsTwin guest

Alright, I have ordered a new 335xi. Colors are Space Gray with Chestnut Brown interior. The dealer sent me an email today saying build startdate it September 6th. The unforturnate thing about this is I'm starting to think maybe Vermillion Red with Saddle Brown might be nicer. I'm hoping some of you can wade in on this decision with your opinions and your pictures. Thanks in advance.

CRKrieger

Any red is better than any gray. That's all you need to know.

az3579

+1.

But, personally I've always been a sucker for Space Grey on Coral Red. :D

granthr

Boy this question is worse than asking what type of oil to use. I didn't know BMW made anything other than black on black. Best just to stick with that! :D Although silver over red is the true German choice!

Zeichen311

Get Vermilion 5W30 Red and change it every 7500 miles, unless you do mostly city driving in which case Euro-spec Space Grey Mobil 1 0W40 changed every 5000 miles is a better choice. Either way, don't get the all-season seats, they're rubbish in snow--buy a extra set of cheap VW seats in black vinyl for winter. They'll pay for themselves with the money you save by not reupholstering twice a year. :D

Vermilion Red is gorgeous but I'm not sure it works with either brown interior offered in the sedan. Personally, I wouldn't do it; I'd opt for oyster or beige for better contrast, though the latter is a little...ordinary, I guess. Space Grey + Chestnut Brown will definitely be dramatic (too bad sedans can't have Coral Red :()!

NNOOOOOooooooooooo! :eek: ;)
    Around here (NJ), buyers' selections for 3ers are boring beyond belief:
    • Black: Black interior, "his" car.
    • White: Beige interior, "her" car.
    • Silver or Grey: Black interior, "their" car (compromise colors).
    • Anything else: Out-of-state plates. :p

Michgndr89

I can't help you. I searched the entire country's worth of CPOs to find my Monaco Blue with gray leather interior (plus the other stuff I wanted, like a real clutch).

I'd choose brown over red.

rbindc

What the hell??? BMW offers Chestnut Brown in the sedan but not in the coupe??? I think the darker Chestnut would go better with Titanium Silver (my choice) than the Saddle Brown.

The Vermillion Red with Saddle Brown is a stunning combination - if you want a red car. I considered that combination but have owned so many red cars in my life .... Black with Saddle Brown is also a stunning combination. Space Gray is a nice but a bit bland, and there are so many Bimmers in that color. However, I have seen it with the Saddle Brown and it looks good to me. Nice contrast.

GSMetal

+1 on the red.

Unless silver or white is available.

TheStigsTwin guest

Well, I can't get the Vermillion Red with the M Sport package so the decision is made. Build date is Sept7th. Now I get to think about fuel pumps......:confused:

az3579

I don't understand BMW's choice to not offer any shade of red with the M Sport package. That's just a load of crap. :(