Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Saddle Brown Leather with Titanium Silver exterior???

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by rbindc, Aug 23, 2010.

rbindc

I hate to be a drama queen, but I am waivering on my choice of interior and would like some feedback.

I just ordered a Titanium Silver 335is coupe for European Delivery. I really like the Saddle Brown leather but my girlfriend talked me out, claiming that the color combination is a "stretch." She favors the Coral Red but thinks that even Black is preferable to the Saddle Brown. To be on the safe side, I ordered Black leather even though it has no "pop."

I've probably looked at 50 Titanium Silver BMWs but have never seen one with Saddle Brown interior. Has anyone out there seen this combination and, if so, what is your impression?

I know the Coral Red "pops" but question whether the color will become annoying over time. I have heard people say they regret getting the color.

Saddle Brown certainly "pops" with Black, Red, Monaco Blue and White. It probably looks good with Space Gray as well. But Titanium?

I need help. I still have time to change my order.

TheStigsTwin guest

I don't have any pictures but I have seen this combo and like it. Not for everybody though. I ordered mine with the Space Gray / Chestnut brown combo. Now I gotta wait 3 months for it. That's the price I have to pay for a 6 speed though.:)

Pyewacket1

Well, let's see...

I have a Monoco Blue 07 Z4 Coupe with Saddle interior and it looks sharp.

I also have a 2010 328i convertible, Black Saphire Metalic with the Coral red interior, and I get positive compliments on it all the time. Never have had anyone "wince" when they saw it.

Lastly, my friend jsut took delivery of a new M3, Space Gray with its version of the "expanded" red interior. I'd be more than happy to trade my 328i for his M3 anytime.

IMO, the Coral Red is not "aggessive" in the least. Just FYI, I'm 55 and pretty much consider myslef to be conservative...or at least, centrist.

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever choice you select.

az3579

Personally, Silver on Brown isn't bad at all. Saddle is quite nice, though I have to admit looks better on darker cars. If I were in your shoes, I would get the Coral Red. It has great contrast and it pops very well, and personally I would never get tired of it because I'd know that it's not a color EVERYONE has! Most of the interiors I see are that hideous beige or the conservative yet still good looking black. Those are boring though, in my opinion. Coral Red or Saddle Brown, brotha!

BMWCCA1

Why on earth does it take three months? :confused:

TheStigsTwin guest

It's a sad tail that starts with living in Northern Arizona. The nearest BMW dealerships are in Phoenix. This is relevant because I wanted a 335xi to deal with the snow up here. In Phoenix they run outside with camaras if they have snow to take a picture of it before it melts. Therefore, not too many xi's are sold or offered (none). So they got on the database looking for an XI with a 6 speed and the options I wanted (and even more importantly what I didn't want) and couldn't find anything. So we are ordering it direct from the factory. Takes about three months to build and ship it. When I put down my deposit I was all full of bravado: "No problem I can wait!" Now I'm obsessively building and rebuilding the car, and I still have 10 more weeks to go! Ahhhhhhh!

Pyewacket1

Hmmm. I ordered my 328i in January and had it the 1st of March, and I have a friend that ordered a M3 and got in the same time period span (maybe a week or so sooner, I don't remember the exact time).

Just seems like an extremely long wait time to me, but maybe your model is different in some way.

Enjoy it when it gets here!

TheStigsTwin guest

You have given me hope my friend. Thank you.

az3579

That's also about 2 months. lol

Zeichen311

If by "about three" you mean "one or two," then yes, it is. ;)

Hang in there, cousin...You're having to wait longer because the Munich plant (where 3ers are built) is closed for holidays for almost all of August. Production resumes this coming Monday (30 August), after which you may (should) begin obsessively tracking your production and shipping status. :D

On the original topic, I have basically the comment as on your choice of model: Trust your gut. :) If you didn't try this already, go to bmwusa.com and configure a convertible instead of a coupe--you'll get a better view of the colors together. TiAg over Saddle Brown is not a stretch at all. I would choose Coral Red in a heartbeat but it is not my car. The red look is a little more "wow," the brown a little more posh--go with what moves you, they both work.

Pyewacket1

Hmmm...

January Month 1
    February Month 2

At the Performance Center on March 1 or 2 (I don't remember exactly).

By my math, that's 2 months.

Did I miss something?

jagman212000 guest

Interior

I don't know that I have seen that particular color combo but I am in love with the Space Grey over Tobacco interior. If I ever get the money to buy one (fat chance!) that's the color combo I want.

TheStigsTwin guest

I was at the dealership this weekend and looked at a care with the saddle brown interior. It was gorgeous! Much richer in color and tone than in pictures. Spec it with complete confidence!:)

ldamario

My 2010 335i has saddle brown leather interior with blue water metallic exterior. I think it looks good.

craig schinsing guest

i'd get a new girl friend.... Saddle is awesome in white or silver!

tres

ive got tiag with saddle brown it looks good to me

davelja1

Dump the black leather before it's too late!!!!!

A car you love is never about playing it safe. I've seen the titanium w/cream, w/coral, and w/saddle. The saddle is sharp. The coral is great too, but I think you'd get tired of it. The titanium/cream combo is nice.

Everything out there that a dealer orders for an interior? Black, black, black, black, black, black...and oh yeah, here's a cream or grey to mix it up. It's like 1 decent color interior for every 9 black.

By it's nature, titanium has a flick of gold/tan/brown in the paint mix. The saddle brown pops and it makes the titanium pop as well.

rbindc

Time to close out this thread?

I picked up my TiAg Coupe with Saddle Brown interior last week at the Welt. The color combination is STUNNING! I'm so glad I took the chance.

BTW, I drove the 335is down through the Brenner Pass to Verona Italy. As it was not yet broken in so I had to drive it gently, although I did briefly take it up to 110 mph. The car just yawned.

This is the fastest car I have ever owned. I feels like a wild animal just waiting for the opportunity to break its leash. The torque is there at any point in the rpm range and just wants to pull.

Zeichen311

Congratulations! :D

I picked mine up two weeks ago and know exactly what you mean, on all counts. Now comes the hard part: Waiting for those dang boats! :(

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What color is the interior?

Red, definitely red. The silver exterior will bore you to sleep, but a little red might keep you awake enough to drive...

:eek: