Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2004 325xiT....NEW CV JOINTS @ 78,000 miles????

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by tradrad, Aug 20, 2010.

tradrad guest

hello folks....first post (but long time lurker and APPRECIATIVE!!!)....
    i just came from my mech (whom i trust implicitly....he has been VERY trustworthy and e46 knowledgable) and i find i am in desperate need of BOTH outer and inner CV joints at a mere 78,000miles....both of us are kind of amazed. he figured, even as an AWD vehicle, that i should have gone to somehwere around 100-150,000 miles! anyone else had this experience with a their 04/05 AWD wagons?
    i should include here that i also have a 2000 328ci with as many miles and all i've had issue with is a control arm. mind you, i am the original owner of THAT car and the 04 xiT was a CPO bimmer......hmmmmmmm.....
    your input and tales of woe (hopefully not TOO much woe! :)) will be helpful.
    be blessed....
    d#

floydarogers

I have heard of others needing CV joints at 80-100K. I had to replace the rubber boots on my 330xi at around your mileage.

tradrad guest

hmmmm, yeah....rubbers maybe, but BOTH inner and outer CVs?.....that's like driving a flintstone mobile! weebles wooble.....:)
    my guess is the AWD wreaks havoc on the front end....more than I would have suspected. i just hope they've addressed this in the past few years. i'm due to trade in my 328....

thanks for the help.
    be blessed....
    d#