Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Not quite Sure

Discussion in 'E3 "New 6", 2500, 2800, Bavaria 3.0S & 3.0Si (1968' started by SBrasesco, Aug 18, 2010.

SBrasesco

I have in Italy a 71 2000tii that I am contemplating bringing back to the states....car needs a complete restoration. It has been literally sitting in a barn for 20 years...attached are some pics.
    any ideas??..don't know where to start with this....
    Many Thanks

MGarrison

Better give yourself a reality, budget, and goal check first. IF you're going to do it right, or pay someone else to do it, it's going to take lots of time and $$$, and, when finished, you'll have a really cool little old car, that, probably, at best, could be sold for about 1/2 what you put into it.

If you don't care about any of that and it'll be something you value beyond it's dollar worth, and perhaps plan to keep yet again for as long as it's been sitting in that barn, then perhaps embarking on a restoration will be worth your time & money, at least to you.

I'm gonna guesstimate that you'd have to budget $10k minimum, likely would be between $10-$20k, but could run up to $30k, depending on what it needs. Have no idea what it would cost to get it imported.

Would be a cool car to save, however. I would recommend never starting such a project without a specific goal, budget, and best-guess realistic budget-overrun cost in mind.

I think your question should have gone here, but that's no big deal.

SBrasesco

thanks....as far as budget...this is more a labor of love than looking to turn it over for $$$..though I would def. want to stay south of 25k..i will post this in the other section...thank you...

bcweir

dms540i

Why don't BMWs look like this anymore? Take good care of this, and let us know - with photos!