Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Replacement carpet

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by miken1625, Jul 17, 2010.

miken1625

Anyone know where I can go to get replacement carpet for my 91 318i. Cylinder seal went behind the clutch pedal and spilled oil all over TAN carpet.

Thanks

Enjoying:
    04 - 325i
    99 - 540 M Sport
    98 - 318ti
    91 - 318i

Retired:
    94 - 325ic

M3Driver guest

The most obvious (and probably most expensive answer) would be a BMW dealer. That said, I'd check with Bavarian Auto (www.bavauto.com).

chicane

A new carpet from an aftermarket company will run about $450, the dealer is almost twice that. I would just pull the carpet, spot clean with a good degreaser, take it to a laundromat with those big triple loader machines, put in some quality laundry detergent and fabric softener and let her run. I ran this triple loader twice with my E24 carpet and it came out like new. I spent probably less than $10.

miken1625

Thanks chicane, I will give that a try.

chicane

No problem, if this is helpful to you click on my reputation link. Thanks.

granthr

Try the numerous BMW recyclers in the back of Roundel. You might get lucky and one of them might have one. Try putting an ad in Roundel too, that is how I got a black carpet for my 84 318i. I would stay away from an aftermarket one at all cost. BMW carpets are molded to the contours of the car body, NOTHING else but oem will fit correctly. So if you don't want to pay for new, look for used.

But as mentioned above it will probably be better to just clean your carpet. Pull the seats and go rent a steam or chemical cleaner. It will be worth the money and you will probably want to do this with a used carpet anyway.