Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Thinking About Selling

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by airbytkd, Jul 16, 2010.

airbytkd guest

I am thinking about trading up to a new 3 Series and wanted to see if I could get for a 1991 325IX with 139k miles. Just put new tires and brakes in it. It does have a bit of rust on the front passenger door. Any thoughts?

dogsbark26

Sir or Madam,

It would help those of us who might have an interest in your 1991 325iX if you could post a bit more information on the vehicle, such as:

Color of the interior and exterior?

Where is it located (City, State, Country)?

Any major work other than tires and brake replacement in the past 10 - 15 years, particularly with the suspension system?

Photos are also always enormously helpful when one is attempting to sell a vehicle.

The best of success to you with the sale of your vehicle.

Tom Richardson

John in VA

$1,250 if in fair condition.

Jdetente guest

Another important thing to check is if the transfer case is fully functioning.

az3579

This varies from area to area. Around here, a good iX with a working transfer case and good body will run you over $3k.

One that has a non-functioning transfer case might be worth what you posted.

granthr

+1 $3K is more like it, maybe even more depending on condition and location.

fronton guest

Way off. In fair condition with that low of miles, $2,500 minimum. If it is a coupe manual, Tcase works and there are no real issues aside from typical wear and tear (dash cracks, leaking CV boot, needs AC recharge) it can go for up to $5,000. I just bought a coupe manual in fair condition with 184k for $4,300 and already dropped a further $2,000 into it.

If its a 4 door automatic with real rust issues it might be hard to get more than $2,000 for it. If you part it out, you could get close to that in just e30 iX specific parts. Strut housings - $2-350/pair, Tcase - $300, Manual tranny - $400, M20 engine - $2-500, if leather sport interior - $2-400, sealed beams -$150, misc body parts and glass $2-400....

These cars are fading fast and the iX community LOVES dumping money into getting their's in peak shape. I have two, my mechanic/friend has three. If you do sell, please try to find an enthusiast who will keep it up or properly part it out!

Feel free to call if you think I'd be helpful - 724.206.0016 (I'm in PA/WV)

airbytkd guest

Going to Sell

I am definitely going to part with this car. Fronton - Tried to call you and left a message and sent you a message. I will definitely want to get with you.

Carl

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Jeez, $1250 is a lowball offer!

Even my #$%%! insurance company grudgingly forked over $2700 when they totaled my red iX, the Red Rat. The most important question: five speed or piece-o'-crap automatic?

Also, a four-door makes a better rally car because you can toss crap in the back seat.

granthr

Yea but you can convert an auto and then you 4:10 diffs w/ a 5 speed!!!!!! :D:D:D But then you are more likely to spin a bearing. Don't ask! :(

bcweir

Don't the other bodystyles have backseats, too, Satch?

Couldn't resist :D

airbytkd guest

Four Door

An thanks for the love but it is an automatic. :)

airbytkd guest

Luck

Wish me luck, have a guy coming by for the 2nd time to look my car.

bcweir

Good luck!

Hopefully both of you are winners in this sale.

airbytkd guest

Success!

Sold this car to a nice young couple for $3500