Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Currently stranded

Discussion in 'Premier Membership (discontinued)' started by zippo, Jun 9, 2010.

zippo guest

I have roadside assistance but the card is not with me does anyone have the 800 number. I am on my iPad and battery is almost dead ;-(

az3579

BMW Roadside assistance.

800-332-4BMW (800-332-4269)

Hope you get this message in time. :)

zippo guest

I have that number. I was actually looking for the BMW CCA roadside number... didn't get it in time, gave up on waiting.... can't understand why in the world the bmw cca wouldn't email you the number, etc when they send you the premium (whatever it's called) membership number stuff. I had the internet, google, my email, etc...

but no number!!! what in the world, why wouldn't it be published or emailed to me as a member.

BMWCCA1

Does seem kind of odd. In another thread, the contact number was listed as:

Though I can't seem to find that information posted on the Club web site as was suggested. Hope that helps.

az3579

That is the number I got straight from the BMW website, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the right one... :confused:

theBOAT guest

The OP's second reply seems to indicate that he / she pays extra for some sort of "premium" roadside assistance. I haven't heard of such an option (from BMW), but that certainly doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

Hope you got your car towed quickly, by the way.

CLG

14th BMW '16 Z4 35is

I think he's referring to the BMW CAR CLUB Roadside Program which is a Premium upgrade service for BMWCCA members, not the BMWUSA program.
    • Staff

executive director

BMW CCA Roadside Assistance

We sincerely regret the inconvenience suffered by our member last evening.

The Club does maintain a Roadside Assistance program as part of its Premier Membership. When a member signs up for this service we send him/her all pertinent materials via USPS. Part of that package is a wallet sized card(s) for the member and their dependents, to carry with them in the event of an emergency.

The Club chooses to deliver these important materials via USPS as that is the method of delivery the majority of our members prefer and because we do not have e mail addresses for every member.

Again we regret that our member who was stranded last evening was unable to use our roadside assistance benefit.

zippo guest

You sent me this email.

Why not say.. If you should need services now, call 800-555-1212. OR have it when I log in to this site, I can see the contact info easily, etc. I mean, this is the information age... Send me a card, or not... Why not give me the number when I sign up, or make it something easy to get. or, shoot.. even leave it on the BMW CCA answering machine so that if you call at night (which I did) it may give me the number.

Granted, I was in my wifes car which does not have towing. if I had been in my bmw, I have free towing with the number I found on bmw's website EASILY.

Payment Confirmed

Thank you BMW Driver, your payment of $98.00 has been processed!

Your Member ID is xxxxx.

Welcome to Premier Membership! Your BMW CCA membership card should arrive within 7 to 10 business days. Your Premier Membership packet, which includes your Premier Membership Card, will arrive within 14 business days.

granthr

I am sorry you were stranded, but it sounds like BMW CCA did their part. They sent you a card with the required information. It is your responsibility to carry that card and/or number in case you need it. This might be the information age, but guess what you cannot expect to find everything in your iWhatever. That is what the card is for.

az3579

While I agree that you should be keeping the card with you at all times, I do think the CCA should publish the number directly on the website or somewhere easy to access in case something happens to the card; lost, destroyed, etc.