Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Driving Event

Discussion in 'F10/F11 (2010-2017)' started by captharley, Jun 3, 2010.

captharley guest

Has anyone attended the 2010 driving event to try out the new 5 (F10). Was it worth your time? And what was the "valuable gift" towards the purchase of a new BMW that participants were supposed to receive? I'm scheduled to go next Wed and have had second thoughts about how much a waste of time it could be.

CRKrieger

Hey, there ought to be at least a free donut! What else did you have planned for next Wednesday? :D

captharley guest

:D If I ordered a 2011 550 for approx 74K, I want the freakin donut to have sprinkles and a decent cup of coffee to wash it down!;)!

captharley guest

I cannot believe that no one on this forum has received the "Ultimate Driving Event" invitation and promise of a "valuable gift towards the purchase of a new BMW?" Or if they have, the valuable gift is a no big deal to find out what it is? In spite of the fact that I own two BMW's (purchased new in '06), methinks I am in a lower socioeconomic group than the majority;););)

Zeichen311

Or perhaps some of us received the invite and decided not to bother, and thus have no info to share. For one thing, I've already driven the new 5er. For another, scheduling concerns require me to order my next BMW before the event date. So overall ... <shrug>. ;)

captharley guest

I understand you unique situation. However, I am certain that the BMW CCA is large enough that perhaps 30 or 40% have decided to do the event. Even the BMW salesman er client adviser has failed to get back with me regarding my "gift" question; even to say that he has no idea. And I bought from him in Sept 2003 a 330xi, in Feb '06 a CPO '04 Z4 and in March '06 a 530xi and an M3 Convertible. Maybe it's time to change brands??

Zeichen311

Bit of an over-reaction, don't you think? You could just go to the event and be surprised. ;)

The 5er event appears to be a national campaign promoted by BMW North America in direct communication with prospects (i.e., us), bypassing the dealer. The dealers may not have been given any specifics on the event beyond those necessary to prepare for and organize it.

Your CA may be trying to get a firm answer before contacting you or he may have forgotten about it. If the latter, why blame all of BMW for one absent-minded salesman?

captharley guest

CRKrieger

[Oh, no ... he really doesn't know, does he? :eek: NOBODY comes back from the test drive ... ]

captharley guest

Dealer called today. "GIFT" is $1K towards the purchase of any BMW before 30 SEPT except the F10:(. So why the secrecy? Very tricky German thinking or what?;) I don't think that the event will be seeing me since I can drive an F10 or whatever whenever I want by simply calling the dealership and setting up a time of MY CHOICE.

captharley guest

keep the day job; forget the standup:D:D