Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from CT! Just joined the club.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bumer, May 25, 2010.

Bumer guest

Hello everyone!

I just joined the club, and though I'd stop by and introduce myself.

My name is Vlad, and I live in CT. I just recently found out about the club. Couple years ago I bought silver 1999 M3 convertible, manual, with grey interior, and only ~36,000, miles from dealer in FL (only one owner before me). I love this car, even though I am a jerk for not driving it as often as I should. But it is what it is - this car is the summer car.

We also have 2006 325i (wife's daily driver) - one of the earliest ones, ordered it in June or July of 2005. We wanted the car with certain options, so it was ordered with following - xenon lights, power seats, and heated seats.

Hopefully, I will meet and enjoy time with fellow members in CT chapter. Eventually, I would love to attend one (or more) national events.

Thank you!

Vlad

az3579

Welcome Vlad! Finally, someone else from our neck of the woods...
    Be sure to visit www.ctvalley.org for chapter event information.

Let me know if you're ever near Bridgeport; perhaps we could meet up!

Bumer guest

Whenever there is chapter event on a weekend, I'll try to make it ("shine and show" perhaps). BTW, what is monthly business meeting; is that meeting for charter's BoD only?

I am in Hartford area, and I am rarely in Bridgeport area, so we'll probably meet at different events.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Other CCA events in the area

Hi Vlad, and welcome to the group!

I just want to extend a personal open invitation to events held by the Patroon Chapter. I think you will find all of the North Atlantic chapters will welcome you to their events with open arms.

On this Saturday, we have several Green Mountain and Connecticut Valley members joining us for our 11th Annual Concours. Please consider joining up with some of the CVC members and hanging out with us for the day.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Bumer guest

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Where is the Concours, and how far from CT? What's happening there?

TeamStowell We love driving!

It is a show and shine event in Albany NY with judging for everything from dirty dog, tuner, clean cars, super clean cars and concourse worthy cars. We all head out on a leisurly or technical drive at 3:30 and an awards reception/dinner at 6:00. Folks can participate in any or all parts, or just show up and hang out with us!

lcjhnsn

Hey Vlad,

Happy to make your acquaintance! I'm the Connecticut Valley Chapter Vice President, Activities Chairman and Newsletter Editor.

Your in luck, since this really is the start of the event "season"! There is the Patroon Concours this weekend. Then we will be doing our 2nd monthly CVC Cruise Night/Ice Cream Social somewhere down in Fairfield County in mid-June. On June 19th I will be leading a group drive to Stow Ma. for the Collings Foundation vintage aircraft and automobile Open House. On June 25th the Chapter will be holding our 2nd of 3 High Performance Driving Schools at Lime Rock in the northwest corner of the state. Then July 11th is the CVC Bring More Wax, Show-n-Shine.

Keep your eyes on the Chapter website and be sure to sign up for the email notifications to keep on top of everything we have coming up. We have also posted the last few back issues of our newsletter online through the Chapter website. Check them out, especially the extended event calendar on the back cover.

Finally, our Business meetings are generally open to any Chapter member but they are primarily a gathering of the Executive Board to conduct Chapter business. We are always looking for new members to get more involved in organizing Chapter events and we would welcome you to attend the meeting to see how the Chapter is run.

I look forward to meeting you personally at an event in the very near future.

Bumer guest

Nice to meet you too Lance!

I've signed up for newsletter on Chapter website, so I will keep my eyes open for them.
    Thanks a lot for quick overview, very very helpful. Where are business meetings held? Will that be ok if I just stop by to say hello?

lcjhnsn

Our Chapter Business meetings rotate around between our Board members. I hosted last month and this month will be hosted by Dave Ortoli at his home in Wallingford on the 18th.

The meetings are open to all Chapter members who wish to contribute to the management of the Chapter. But, they are typically attended by about 10 to 12 Board members and activity organizers. The protocol is to email the meeting host to let them know you will be attending (so they can make sure there is enough food).

We gather for socializing and supper at 7:00 and usually get the formal meeting kicked off by 8:00. We go through a standard agenda, but we tend to like to discuss things pretty thoroughly. That means we usually don't adjourn until after 10:00.