Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Connecticut Evergreen Walk

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO, May 20, 2010.

JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO guest

Went to the The meet and greet in Manchester, CT @ Evergreen Walk. It was nice meeting everyone and checking all the rides, some with very cool MODS.

Let me know if anyone else on here was there.

az3579

Followed you onto 84...
    Just wish there was less traffic. :D

Lol. Yea I saw that! Nice run. Your car moves man!

az3579

I got the engine I got because of 335's... no longer can you walk away after the last corner at Lime Rock!

Lol. How many stallions is your engine pushing?

az3579

When it was new it had about 240 at the crank.
    Haven't dyno'ed yet, but I have gotten it weighed.

With about half a tank, a spare, toolkit, and some other misc BS in the car (and track wheels on), it weighs 2780 lbs without me in it, so it's a "light" son-of-a-*censored*, considering it's got almost all the desireable toys in it (13-button OBC, sport seats, power windows/locks, sunroof, and an engine that weighs a little more than the one it replaces.

lcjhnsn

I was the guy that put this little gathering together. It turned out be a pretty good evening! Great weather and some excellent cars.

We are planning to make this a monthly event, rotating around the State so everybody gets a chance to come out, show off their cars and get acquainted with other members in their area.

We haven't set any dates yet, but the plan is June in the Torrington/Litchfield area, July in the Stevenson/Monroe/Fairfield Cnty area and August at the new Sonic in Wallingford.

Hope we can get as good a turnout at the upcoming events as we did for the first one

...and oh by the way Bo, I think the 240hp estimate for the naturally aspirated S50 might be a little generous. My S52 dyno'd at 220 before installation of aspiration assistance.

az3579

I said at the crank, not at the wheels, and also said I haven't dyno'ed it yet. :p

Very nice. I hope I can make it to Lime Rock, but I think I'm lacking an oil cooler, which may put me in a bad place when it comes to racing...

az3579

I doubt you'll have a problem.
    (I don't have an oil cooler... :p)

I'm definitely going on 6/25. I've taken that day off as a Furlough day, so I get a double whammy; let my company screw me AND go to the track. Yay!