Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Post your E30

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Apex000, May 18, 2010.

John in VA

Here's Ol' Blue, our '85 325e, who gave its life to protect our son. We had it for 18 years, longer than our son. Been replaced with another BMW, an '85 E28 535i.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

az3579

Gosh, I thought MY diving boards were warped... :eek:

Zdaneman

Nice

Nice E-30s all. I even like the bent ones!

Zdaneman sends

Zdaneman

A few more pics

These are new with the new plates!

Zdaneman

A few more, before I go for ride!

I'm really bored and can't wait to work on the 88 tomorrow. Window regulators. I'll post a few pics as it goes along.

Zdaneman sends

granthr

All I can say is Holy S$*T is that a beautiful E30!!!!! That interior is incredible! Did the PO do the leather on the center console? Wow. How many miles are on the car? That is a keeper if I ever saw one.

tiFreak

was your son the one who added the M3 badge? :p seriously though, I'm glad your son's okay, I should show this to my mom since she's not too happy that my new E30 doesn't have airbags

Zdaneman, that is a beautiful E30, probably looks just the same as it did when it was in the dealers showroom in 1988 :eek:

getting closer to track rat status

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

John in VA

No, I put the badge on in '88 when a buddy took it off his new M3. My last name begins with "M."
    He speared it on the end of a guardrail at ~20mph on a rainy & foggy night. Could have been worse. I wish the skills he learned (?) at our local chapter's car control clinic and Street Survival session kicked in a few feet earlier...

Apex000

I would love to have those seats in Zdaneman's E30 in my E36 . . . please say that's possible, if so i'm going on a hunt to find a set.

az3579

Nope; those are stock E30 seats.
    You can get sport seats for E36 that would be bolt in for your car. They look like this:

[IMG]

Or you could get VADERS, which come from an M3 coupe, which are BETTER:

[IMG]

John in VA

Actually, they're E30 sport seats, vs. the flatter, wider-bottomed, less-bolstered regular seats, also without the adjustable thigh supports.

Apex000

all i know , is that i really dig the style of those seats.

Zdaneman

Yes, its a keeper!!

82K and change and it rides and looks brand new, seriously brand new. The stock radio and sound system are better than the seats look! I know it almost impossible to believe.

I was so shocked when I got to Jeffs to pick it up! The whole way home I had to keep pinching myself. This is one car I am so glad I didn't pass on!

Zdaneman sends

Apex000

i'm a bit jealous .

az3579

I'm soooooooooooorrry I forgot to mention "sport" seats!
    But they're still stock seats in is/es models, so technically what I said is correct. :p

fronton guest

The IXs

White is a 5 sp fully stock save a MarkD 93 octane chip and momo wheel

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Black is my Rally project currently going on a diet, getting a tranny sex change, billy HDs, rally lights, exhaust, and will likely be stroked to 2.9L

[IMG]
    [IMG]

granthr

Great looking cars! Chris from BMW Wholesale did the auto to manual swap in my ix. www.bmwwholesale.net. He is in south central Pa.

jmalter guest

quickreply here, let's see if i can post an image of the black car:

[IMG]

where it is wearing Alpina E30 7x16 wheels, tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 205/45ZR16s (this tire/wheel combo is 'street-only', i use 7x15 wheels & 205/50VR15 tires on the track). the suspension components are a mix of Alpina, Dinan, & Racing Dynamics parts. Skirts & fairings are from BBS (front), Racing Dynamics (side / rear / wing) and Kelleners (side mirrors). bumpers are painted USA stock, mounted on Euro shocks. engine appointments include a Dinan chip, 5-series motor mounts, a custom Stahl header & Supertrapp muffler. the final drive uses a 5-series 3.54:1 ring gear. inside, 5-way Sabelt harnesses bind you into the (still wonderful but a bit worn) standard sport chairs, nift' 3-dial gauge package over the front-center air outlets, & a 3-spoke M steering wheel points us towards where we want to go.

currently wearing 89K miles, including 5K track-time miles.

fronton guest

It is a sweet garage indeed. It is in Morgantown, WV. More shoots to come once I get the rallyIX looking and running the way I want as well as the iC.

tiFreak

[IMG]