Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Long starts in the morning....crank?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO, May 14, 2010.

JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO guest

That's weird. I got 18inchers with it? I wonder what the limiter is set too if not 150? Do you think I should invest in an oil cooler? Haven't had any overheating problems yet.

Zeichen311

Your automatic transmission is probably the reason. If memory serves, a manual transmission was the final signal that the oil cooler should be added...forgot about that. The normal top-speed limiter is 130mph.

Whether you need the oil cooler depends on how you drive. It can't hurt but it's not cheap to add aftermarket (Dinan's goes for $2400 plus labor). It would be a worthwhile investment if you plan to track the car more than once or twice, expect to spend a lot of time sprinting between traffic jams in summer heat, generally drive in a "spirited" manner pretty much all the time or plan to make performance mods to the engine.

Let your oil temperature gauge be your guide. Someone with personal experience with these cars can suggest a specific temperature range that's "OK." The problem is there's a certain amount of "it depends" involved, until you get way up into "OK, that's bad" territory (like 300F+).

HPFP replacement

Well, guess I find out tomorrow if they are going to replace the fuel pump, they said that's probably what's going to happen.

fuel pump replaced.

My high pressure fuel pump has been replaced! Day 1. So far, so good. They had my car for a little over a week trying to fix the problem with program updates. None of them worked, so they just replced the pump. Gave me a fun mini cooper s clubman edition loaner for the mean time. Very cool car. Lol.