Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Let's Post Some Pics.

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO, May 14, 2010.

az3579

That "steel gray" is Sepang Bronze Metallic, and isn't gray at all. :)

JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO guest

Lol....Thanks!

E92Dreier

Are you sure? How can you tell definitively?

Zeichen311

For me, the big clue was that It looks mechanically impossible for that car to turn (with a radius less than that of the Moon, anyway). The front tires are tucked too far up inside the fenders, they seem unable to turn more than an inch or two without hard contact.

The funny thing is, I didn't immediately think "Photoshop." Some people make such idiotic mods that it seemed entirely plausible some bozo slammed the car down so far it could only move straight ahead. :eek:

bcweir

+1 Agrees with Jamaican Twin Turbo on the silver and grey BMW's

The "squint" on the grey car's headlights looks "forced" and not very professional.

Looks like they just sawed off the top half of the headlights. Come on, people you can do better than that!

E92Dreier

That M3 is apparently not photoshopped - it is amazingly an original, undoctored picture -

The car is on 'bags' - ie, inflatable cushions in the spring perches that allow the car to be parked, 'slammed.'

Think fast and the furious...or whatever...:rolleyes:

bcweir

Or someone who's been spending way too much time in the Autozone "accessories" aisle

I'm not worried about the airbag suspension. I'm worried about the faulty "nut" behind the wheel.

tiFreak

it's called a "boser" hood, when it's well executed it looks sick, when it's not it looks terrible, that one definitely comes down way too far, here's one that looks much better:

[IMG]

bcweir

No offense but yours still looks "rough, unfinished."

The hood doesn't look like it's sitting properly. Gaps on one headlight not present on the other one in the photo.

The yellow foglights don't do anything for me, either. Makes the car look too "French." I'd be worried about the car being mistaken for a Peugeot, if you're into that sort of thing. :D

Were you in a hurry?

The M3 aero kit on the ti hatchback body is interesting though.

Illustration below of my rationale for the Peugeot comparison. Peugeot bailed out of the US in 1991 and has no known plans to return.

Zeichen311

Mystery solved, thanks. File that under "there's no accounting for taste," I guess. :rolleyes:

Zeichen311

And speaking of questionable taste, this ... this ... thing ... just arrived in my email, courtesy of Bavarian Autosport . :eek:

[IMG]

Larger image not available. You're welcome. :D

Hahahaha, I like the yellow bimmer man....I want to not like it, but I think it's cool!

I like the headlights on the blue e36 as well.

I can appreciate people thinking outside the box, and trying something new. Doesn't have to look or be perfect, being different is a great quality in the car world. As long as you can deal with criticism, but just because a few people critique, doesn't mean that it's bad.

az3579

That picture screams Photoshop to me. The wheels don't look right; they look like the rims are of a different "quality" picture than the rest of the car, and the fender edges look too sharp for it to be real to me...

Not to mention that its hideousness is blinding me to an extreme you can't even imagine.

*shudder*
    Anyone have a gun?

tiFreak

no offense taken since it's not my car ;)

the pic is at an angle and the nose panel sticks out a little which is why it looks uneven, this is a much older pic but it's the only straight on one I could find, this one's also before he got the yellow fogs :p

[IMG]

the M-tech kit was available as an option on the ti

bcweir

I still like BMW's version of the 3-series better.

Generally speaking, BMW does a better job of designing BMW's than a homegrown, nonprofessional does. There's not a whole lot of body mods available for the E32, which is actually a good thing -- IMHO it speaks volumes about how BMW got the car's design right the first time. For the E32, I can get clear corners, a few different taillight designs, and a choice of either an upgrade to the later dual scoop bumper covers (dual air scoops at the bottom of the front bumper) or Alpina's pricey but still stylish bodykit. Either option generally preserves the E32's lines, rather than trying to reinvent them. That's about it for tasteful body mods, unless I go to a ricer shop (ugh!).

Hope you weren't standing in front of the car when you snapped those photos -- he might have been running late to the local ricer show. It looks a little better (but not much) from the front.

I thought the E38's were pretty slick looking until I saw a picture of an E32 side by side with an E38 (these comparison shots are all over the web). Even the E38's sales increased in their final month once 7-series buyers saw what happened to the E65/E66 cars.

Below is a 1991 Alpina B12. Now THAT is a MOD done right! More pics available on the link

http://www.cardream.co.jp/PRODUCT/e32/1991.b12/b12_91.html

tiFreak

not my picture either, he's in Oklahoma and I'm in Vermont :p it's definitely not rice either, he has an M52 swap, 18" Beyern rims, full M-technic kit, no Pep Boys parts on that one

Zeichen311

Well, it's time...just three days to the next Roundel advertising cutoff. Yesterday I detailed everything, soup-to-nuts, to prepare for this morning's photo shoot. (Of all the wonderful aromas of cleaners and conditioners, why must the acrid stink of carpet shampoo be the one that lingers?:p)

[IMG]
    I was really hoping for clear weather this weekend--Steel Blue Metallic looks best under blue skies. No such luck. :( (On the plus side, an overcast sky is like a giant softbox.)

(I just noticed this thread is in the E90 forum. You might have noticed that is not an E90 in the photo. Hope you can deal with it, the thread drifted away from E90s a long time ago. :D)

We'll take as we can get them man. Nice looking Bimmer!

Zeichen311

Thanks! I submitted the ad for Roundel tonight. Decidedly mixed feelings about that.... :) :( :eek: :cool:

clcromartie guest

No mods, but here's my 07 335i. The only mod on the horizon is a JB+ tune and maybe a light tent.