Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Let's Post Some Pics.

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO, May 14, 2010.

JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO guest

They did this in the E39 forums..since I sold mine I figured why not try it out here! E92(right?)

Guess no one's jumping onboard...how do I delete this thread? :)

bcweir

Here's a suggestion: be patient.

The entire BMW membership is not on your schedule. Not everyone is going to drop everything to post pics on demand.

I already have a photo album posted on here. Anyone can view my album anytime they like without pressure to reciprocate.

If you want to delete a thread, you can click Edit, and there is an option at the very top to delete a thread.

Please be respectful and patient of everyone else's time when waiting for a response.

Thanks so much.

pseto

Here's me autocrossing last year

Sweet pic! Hopefully I get a chane to track one of these days. Looks like way too much!

I have trouble navigating this website. So I'm not sure if I'd be able to Check out your album. You can post a link for me that would be sweet. Thanks for the advice about being patient, it's not one of virtues! Lol.

E92Dreier

Her'e my progression -

E36 325i (heavy mods), e92 328i (light mods), e92 335i (no mods, for now).

Very nice! I'm loving the e36 and your current 335i especially. What did the e36 have for mods?

bcweir

E92Dreier

1995 e36 325i -
    Borla headers back exhaust, Mille Miglia wheels, Chassis reinforcement x brace, CAI, chipped, full OEM m-technik body kit w/ custom painted front bumper cover, M3 mirrors, diamond plate interior, Schroth belts, BSW speaker package, and on and on.

I still miss its distinct personality, but the maintenance costs became prohibitive (3rd complete cooling system, doorlock and window motors, oil pan, transmission, the differential was going).

When I lost my driver's license for excessive speed, it was just time...Now, it's 7 years later and I am still looking fondly at pics!

I had to get rid of my 5series for the same maintenance reasons. It was getting way too expensive.

Losing your license for excessive speed gets 2 thumbs up from me friend!...Even if it shouldn't!:cool:

bcweir

The mods were kind of done for me when I got it.

That's good and bad mods:

Good mods: Wheels are E38 16 inch basketweaves, halfway decent panasonic cassette radio.

Bad mods: awful splice and patch job on my electrical system both under my hood and under my instrument panel, two large round holes on my package shelf where two aftermarket speakers used to live, as well as an obsolete radar detector wrapped in electrical tape and hardwired to my electrical harness. yuk!

First order of business is to try to restore a non-butchered electrical harness both under the hood and for my instrument panel, then fitting a Nakamichi stereo system (one of the few stereo makers that make a stereo that match my interior, rather than the garish and ugly walmart specials that look like sony xplod clones). I would also like to retrofit rear seat heaters in my car - mine was only equipped with the front seat heaters. A tasteful alarm system would be nice too -- mine wasn't equipped with the remote.

Due to my car's extremely early production date and significance as an early model, I'm trying to resist going nuts on mods on my car. The sloppy way mods were implemented on this car to begin with are a key incentive to not repeat such carelessness.

Yea, I hear you man. She's a little too classy to MOD out like that. Hope you can get her fixed up the way you want her soon. If I ever get my hands on a 7 series, the only thing I would probably do too it would be wheel upgrades, maybe sound. Awesome car.

bcweir

Thanks! Thankfully, she's only a mess on the INSIDE.

That can be remedied with time, patience, and a whole lot of cash.

She's worth it though.

About the only wheels larger than 17's I would ever consider putting on this car would be 18 inch M-Pars. Nothing else really looks right in that size on these cars, IMHO. The relatively small wheel openings on these cars just don't look right with anything bigger than that.

I like the 16 inch E38 basketweaves that came with the car a lot better than the stock 15-inch "pie plates" these cars were originally equipped with. When you consider that even the MINI's and the entry-level 1-series cars come with 17 inch wheels and larger, it puts into perspective how relatively small the original stock wheels were on these cars.

I also considered the CD43 BMW radio, one of the last regular DIN-sized radios offered stock in a BMW vehicle in the 2001 Z3. However it's a 2001 spec radio, ancient by today's standards, with NO MP3 support, no digital radio support, no satellite radio support, no HD audio support, no Ipod or Iphone support. Hence my preference for the Nakamichi.

I love this car's classic lines. Z3 CD43 radio pictured below. Beautiful but too ancient to use in my car.

The basketweaves are a great upgrade from the stock 15s. I would probably do the Nakamichi, becuase of the digital support. Good luck man.

bcweir

Yes, and I think the 16's fill the wheelwells more nicely too...

...without going overkill on the wheelsizes.

You wouldn't believe how many jacked-up 80's style Caprices I see out here with 22 and 24-inch wheels. It's not pretty. The wheels and overdone paint by themselves -- either likely cost more than they paid for the car! UGH!!

Definitely not going past 18 on this one. One COULD, but you'd have to run such a low profile tire to keep from messing up your speedometer reading. Besides, if I had wanted something to "ride like a truck", I'd have bought one to begin with.

E92Dreier

I also am not a fan of completely filling the gap between wheel well and tire, nor am I a fan of the super-'stretched' look that seems so often to accompany it.

[IMG]

If you thought twenties + look bad on a Caprice

[IMG]

Zeichen311

Those are vile. Thank heaven my contact lenses protected my corneas from permanent damage.

az3579

And me my glasses...

That M3 is a photoshopped picture, BTW.

The White M3 looks awful, but I'm kind of feeling the steel gray bimmer...