Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Newbie gives Kudos to Enthusiast Auto

Discussion in 'E39 M5 (2000-2003)' started by LemansbleuM5, Apr 28, 2010.

LemansbleuM5

I am the proud owner of a new-to-me 2003 M5 Lemans Blue with Caramel interior with 50k miles. I guess you'd say I'm a newbie. The best part is, the M5 is simply amazing. What a sound, and what a suspension. As someone has said, and I now believe it, this is one of BMW's finest daily drivers, and it did not break the bank either. I feel as though I am locked onto a center rail much like a a great-big slotcar, and the sound is fantastic.

I would just like to give two thumbs up to Eric Keller in Cincinnati at EAG for his finding a beautiful specimen and taking my 330xi on trade and just plain making the experience totally pleasant in every possible way. If anyone needs to hear more about the experience, PM me or reply back. This guy seems to know more than any other single person I have ever spoken to about these cars. He will tell you right off the bat, however, that EAG is a team comprised of 4 technicians and his brother and perhaps others (including a very nice "transporter", too, Tom, who drove the car down to Richmond, VA for me and drove my car back to Cincinnati).

Bottom line is, if you don't already have one, talk to Eric and get yourself one, too!

Shawn Schroer guest

Congratulations! Planning on getting one myself, too. Hopefully soon.

03BeastCharmer

Congrats, they are great cars, but I'm biased :D That's a really low mileage car.

Check to make sure the rear sway bar brackets aren't broken. The stock ones are made out of thin stamped metal and regularly brake, so most on the M5 board just replace them with thick aftermarket on.

I'm at about 76K miles and it puts aa smile on my face every time I drive it. The growl of that V8 (with Dinan cans) is just about perfect. Proof of the power of the engine is that they are still using it in the Turner M6 race cars as well as the Dinan powered protoypes!!!

Tahoe guest

envy! :cool:

wretched

Very Nice!

az3579

[IMG]

CSBM5

Congrats! EAG has been buying up nice M5s recently it seems. I'm still in love with the E39 M5 now after 7 years of ownership -- simply one of the best cars ever built by BMW. With a few modifications (suspension & Dinan exhaust), it is even THAT much more fun to drive.

Check out the E39 section of the M5board as there is an enormous amount of knowledge and experience within. It is very well moderated, so attacks and junk posts, which are very rare, are disposed of quickly -- basically one of the best message boards on the net.

Regards,

SBrasesco

^^^^what he said about the M5 board....not a day goes by that I don't miss my E39...it will go down as iconic an M car as the original 'Black Bart'...OR EVEN...dare I say it the E30 M3.
    Just remember these cars NEED/MUST have good maintenance stay on top of things and the S62 is BOMB PROOF!!

drummerfc

Sweet...congrats on the "new" ride...enjoy! I just LOVE the '98-'03 5-er/E39 series and you having the M makes it even better.

Alrighty then, enough with the niceties...where's the PICTURES???? :cool: :p

LemansbleuM5

Fsr

Looks like I already need help replacing the FSR.
    Anyone know any sites that will help me find and replace this little bugger?
    - tph

az3579

LemansbleuM5

replaced the FSR

not very difficult. low cost, (relatively), $133-ish with CCA discount.