Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Patroon Concours d'Elegance Set For 6/5

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Apr 9, 2010.

TeamStowell We love driving!

The Patroon Chapter presents the 11th annual Concours d'Elegance hosted by Keeler Motor Car on Saturday June 5th, 2010. This years theme will be "Those Magnificent Sevens" as we showcase almost thirty years of these massive wonders. This show will feature multiple judged categories (including tuners), vendor displays, an afternoon drive, and an awards dinner. Please make time in your automotive schedules to join us as we celebrate all that is BMW.

Autohaus guest

Be there, I will.

az3579

Give me a second so I could think about blessing y'all with my presence.

OK, I have decided to bless you all with my presence.

*note: anytime 'bless' or 'blessing' is mentioned, it actually means 'curse' or 'cursing', respectively

Autohaus guest

Just don't bump into Steve's M3 when you guys go on the "spirited run" :D

az3579

Not possible. Not with the 300mm's just installed, that is. :rolleyes:

srobmw guest

Oh, the horror of that thought.:eek:

Autohaus guest

B, with you......ANYTHING is possible :)

If that happened again I can picture Steve doing a fatality on B. Yes, I have been playing Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe on PS3 too much lately :eek:

You be the judge....

OK Chris and Bontond.... want to trade a limited edition Patroon Chapter judges black shirt for doing some judging at the event? What about Carol.... would she like to assist with judging or data entry? Did I mention the limited edition shirts?

Any other takers? No experience needed for this one.

az3579

I sure would like to volunteer. Since I can't really compete, I might as well make myself useful. :)

And you misspelled my name. :p

lcjhnsn

Tough decision! F40 Cars & Coffee at Wayne Carini's place or the Patroon Concours.

Hmmmm?

I guess I'll make the drive North

You should leave the kids at home and bring the bride! Heck, by the look of the fencing trophy case your son has filled you can arm him with a sword and not worry about the family estate being ransacked. :p

sgold

I'm with Stowell on this one Lance. Its a full day of events with your choice of a cruise or technical drive to our summer banquet dinner and awards. Great for a date.

sgold

Actually, we're looking for ideas for a tech / talk session. Please toss out ideas you've seen from other events that last 20-30 minutes long.

--Scott

Autohaus guest

Carol said she would do data entry and/or judging.

lcjhnsn

I'm planning to make the trip to my other Chapter's event. I'm also willing to help judge or whatever else needs doing, since my car really won't be a contender for any prizes.

As far as Tech Talk subjects, how about some pointers on Concours Prep and judging?

lcjhnsn

BTW Steve, I wouldn't want to follow Botond anymore than I would want him following me [IMG]

Bo, is that brake light switch thing still fixed?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

az3579

Still does it, on a daily basis, multiple times.
    Can't order a new switch because my $$ is going to uncle FRIGGIN Sam. Turns out I owe the government some money. :mad:

As though the amount they rape each paycheck isn't enough.

sgold

Are you volunteering? just kidding.

Actually, that's a bent I hadn't thought of. Because our host does limit the extent we can discuss mechanical/detailing that would take away from their business, we are limited in some respects. But the process an individual might go through to prepare a car for a high-end Concours (not ours) would be a very interesting topic.

--Scott

srobmw guest

Kind of a "catch-22" isn't it.:p

This year I'll be in full snob mode. I'll be looking for the M section:cool:. No "mere" 3 series for me this time.

Autohaus guest

What we haz here is an outsider!