Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

CT Valley Chapter "Bring More Wax" Show & Shine

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by lcjhnsn, Mar 29, 2010.

lcjhnsn

BMWCCA CT Valley Chapter is pleased to announce that the Fifth Annual "Bring More Wax" Show and Shine will be held on July 11th, 2010 at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT.

Please note: This is a free event, but Wickham Park enforces a 5 dollar fee for gate entry.

The park opens at 9:30 AM and judging will begin promptly at noon followed by the awards ceremony after lunch. There will be awards for all categories old and new and it promises to be great time with fellow members and enthusiasts. Bring your detailing supplies to do that last minute cleaning. For helpful info to help you get your car ready, please check out the online detailing guide at www.Detailbest.com.

Following tradition, Show 'n Shine participants will get a chance to win a Zymol Smart Kit valued at over one hundred and thirty dollars.

The Detailbest Mini-Store will also be on site with great products from
    Zymol, Black Wow, Deep Finish, and other fine brands available for purchase.
    A returning sponsor, BavAutoCheck.com, will be available throughout the day for free BMW diagnostic tests at your request.

Please bring one food item, respectively, from the list. If your last name starts with the letter: A-I (side dish); J-R (appetizer); S-Z (dessert).
    Bavarian Auto Check, LLC will be providing the burgers, hot dogs, and beverages.

Please RSVP by July1st with the number of guests, BMW model and food item.
    Directions: http://www.wickhampark.org/information.html

For event information and sponsorship opportunities, contact:

Mike Zarolinski
    mzarolinski@hotmail.com
    860-202-9735

ForcedInduction guest

I was told wax is for people who don't know how to drive? It does make the cars puuurdy though! :D

bcweir

I was told wax is for people who don't know how to drive? It does make the cars purty

That's a pretty bigoted generalization to make. So you're saying that just because I care about my car's finish, I don't know how to drive it?

How much did you say you spend on monthly collisions again?:D

ForcedInduction guest

I didn't say I could drive... I just reported what I was told. :D Will you wax my car 4 me?

lcjhnsn

You boys need a little aroma therapy with some Zymol. I find the scent very calming [IMG]

az3579

Definitely going!
    Last year was a really good time.

And was the first time I laid eyes on the new Z4...
    * I want one so bad! *

Hopefully I will have my bodywork done by then so I could have my euro bumpers in all their glory!

ForcedInduction guest

If it wasn't a six day drive for me I'd go just for the chemical therapy... :D Maybe if I park my car downwind it will have an extra gloss by the end of the day? ;) I think I saw this routine once in a movie. Isn't it: wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off all day long? Yeah, that's what I remember.

az3579

Well, you could go for the record of about 30-something hours cross-country... :D

ForcedInduction guest

I already tried 24 Hours of Daytona and it was 20 hours too long for me. :)

TeamStowell We love driving!

Ahhhh... great food, good friends, and BMWs... TeamStowell will definitly be there. I think we will bring the shark this year.

Autohaus guest

Maybe I'll bring the e28.

lcjhnsn

Ironically, the guy who posted the thread, the CT Valley Activities Chairman will not be attending after all... [IMG]

My son qualified for the US Fencing National Championships and guess when it is?

I'll be driving the xiT home from Atlanta that day

But I am planning to make the June 5th Concours for my other Chapter [IMG]

lcjhnsn

The date is approaching rapidly. Has everyone touched up the Zymol?

az3579

Damn, I completely forgot to check the dates. I'll be at autocross nationals on the 11th: Finger Lakes, NY...

lcjhnsn

I can't wait to hear about your "adventure" getting out to western NY and back... [IMG]

TeamStowell We love driving!

Sorry I missed this one....

Had a 50th anniversary and a graduation party on Sunday in Central NY, so family trumped CCA this weekend! I still had several BMW moments. One cousin I have not seen in 15 years is married to a person who studied for years in Germany. His ex room mate still keeps in touch and is a BMW trained master mechanic. If I need anything shipped over for my Euro....

Then we headed to our second party, and a cousin I have not seen since 1987 is there with his 2002 M5! We chatted, he handed over M5 keys Beverly and I drove off up into the hills of the Mohawk Valley. BMW CCA has a new member for the Chapter covering Miami FL.

Enough about me... how was the event? Anyone have any photos?

az3579

Well, look at it this way; the E36 M3 support vehicle I drove to the event and back had 1" of toe-in on both sides at the rear! Shot trailing arm bushings I think; needless to say, it was still a blast to drive (except for the rain and bumps). Rear tires were nonexistant by the time we got back, that's how badly they were chewed up from the suspension issue.

I still want an E36 M3 pretty badly though; that drive got me hooked.

The RX8 I co-drove was great too, but NO TORQUE! Felt really weak compared to my S50.

lcjhnsn

az3579

The car has too many problems; the mileage is too much, definitely not feeling the blacked out look (I'd have to spend money to un-blackout it), has a huge gash in the driver's seat, and just overall gives me a bad vibe. I've been religiously cruising that For Sale section for a while now...

lcjhnsn

Personally, I like the blacked out look for a primarily track & autocross car. And it's pretty cheap