Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2011 M3 Competition Package...USA Market Shortchange!

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by Llansley737, Mar 24, 2010.

bcweir

That's like saying...

..........we shouldn't worry about getting four cylinder gas or four cylinder diesel engines in BMW's, hatchbacks, 1-series in bodies other than coupe and convertible, etc.

Zeichen311

Not quite....

The sales rate on the sedan was low enough that they won't initially offer it again. However, it seems to have been high enough for the M Brand Manager to recognize that there will be a fair degree of uproar over its absence and imply that that uproar will probably suggest enough potential sales to justify a next-generation M3 sedan at a later date.

If I cram in any more qualifiers in that sentence I will strain something (either credibility or a muscle in my neck) but I have to--BMW are famous for not giving us straight answers about future products at these Q&A sessions. Still, his reply and demeanor did not suggest "forget about it."

epbrown01

There's a gaping hole in this logic: the Z4, built, painted, and sold here, was available in a rainbow of colors overseas that we didn't get. Carbon Black, Ruby Red Metallic, Phoenix Yellow, for starters, and a host of other interior colors as well.

SBrasesco

I was there as well that early Sat. AM....Mr.Birkman & Mr. Koch were both very accommodating....here is a repost of a thread I started on the M5message board.:
    Mods place this where you may want...
    Just got back from the NYIAS....thought I would give you some thoughts and insights that I was privy too because of the BMWCCA NY Chapter.
    We were able to get into the show early today 8:30am...and we met with Larry Koch....Martin Birkman....Mr. Carey(In charge of the new Z4) and another gentleman from Germany who was behind some of the redesigns of the cars.

1. Saw the new 5 series....in a word STUNNING!!!....I really did not think I would like the car....(people said it looked like a Baby 7)....but it really is well done. They had a 550 and 535 side by side. While it has more interior room than the E60 front and rear....the impression is that it does not....the roofline is raked such that it gave me the impression of being tighter....the nose of the car is well designed...it does flow nicely. The new 5er will be available in X-Drive & Manual in ALL its forms 535/550 and the 528. I will post up pics after Easter...promise.
    2. Mr. Birkman was very cordial as was Mr. Koch.....some interesting tidbits....1st: NO MORE 5 series touring(US Market)....the 550GT is the replacement....Mr. Koch said that a total...TOTAL of US sales for the touring last year was 800 units...so it is effectively killed. Also for the M3 GT4 fans....there ARE TWO in the USA...LOL...and they will only see track days as according to Mr. Birkman they do not qualify spec. wise for any form of sanctioned racing in the US...so there is no such thing as of now...of a privateer M3GT4 race car.
    3. New "S" line of cars...a 335iS which will have variable turbo boost....giving you the ability to dial in a wee bit more boost for a short blast....brings your torque to 375lb/ft from the stock form. The "S" line cars will have "M" goodies in the form of aerodynamic/look fast stuff....but they will not get brakes/suspension/engine upgrades.
    4. During the Q&A Mr. Koch said that the M3 sedan in the new 3 series rendition was not a dead issue...so take that for what it is worth. He is also familiar with this board!! I asked him about the INDIVIDUAL program and he said yes you can...you just need to find the dealer who will make this happen....in fact he commented on how BMW needs to make dealerships aware that this can be done...he was familiar with the Ontario Gold M6 as well as the FG M5...he said there is also one in New Jersey!. Mr.Koch also said the the 1 series in "M" form is not a dead issue....but they have not found the right balance they were looking for yet... I asked Mr. Birkman why only the B7 from ALPINA...why not offer the whole line....His response..."be happy with the B7"...LOL...
    5. The 3 series diesel is still a work in progress in their opinion....the diesel X5's are doing well......Hybrids....a LOOONG way off.
    6. The venerable inline six WILL NOT BE ABANDONED....LOL...so says Mr. Birkman when he was asked....there will be no V-6 in the line up....also as we pretty much knew....future "M" cars will all be FI....he said blame the CAFE regulations!...lol.

Some side notes.....Also saw the new Panamera in regular and "S" forms.....not my cup of tea...especially for 135k for the "S"[IMG]...the RAPIDE was more stunning a car.....the FIAT 500 was there......my italian roots are screaming for me to buy one....
    Merc had an SLS there...very nice........and for the Muscle Car guys....there was a "PLUM" CRAZY Challenger R/T...which really looked nice!!....LOL
    Will post up pics as soon as I download them.
    Regards
    S

SBrasesco

I like the sedan even though I have a coupe`. In fact I am toying with the idea of trading in my 08 for a 2011 M3 sedan....I like the notion of having one of the last N/A motors....LOL
    Vanity Plate: S65 NLA(No Longer Available)

bcweir

I may have found a way for you to get your Monte Carlo Blue 2011 E92 M3, but I'm going to warn you: it ain't CHEAP! Click on the link to the forum where I found this. Hope this helps

http://bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5331

az3579

Am I the only one who thinks Frozen Grey leaves a lot to be desired? Specifically SOME SHININESS!

Looks way too dull............

Monte Carlo on the other hand... :D

wanesso

...as it should be.