Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Invoice price for extended maintennance plan

Discussion in 'Warranty questions' started by bennewman1, Apr 7, 2008.

bennewman1 guest

Just bought an 06 CPO 750Li with 28K miles. Dealer told me extended maintennance plan available for another 2 years, for $2300. Is this price negotiable? Is there any place I can find the invoice price for this plan? THanks.

ctexter

Everything is negotiable...but isn't an '06 still under factory warranty for about 2 more years already (4yr/50,000)?

bennewman1 guest

Yes but I drive about 20K a year so I assume I will only be under warranty another year. Do you have any idea what I should realistically pay for the extended plan?

ExGMan

Price to Extend Maintenance

Ben - You might take a look at this website: www.twinkidneygrill.com This is a site for an Atlanta-area BMW dealer which sells the BMW extended maintenance and BMW extended warranty (for original owners only) at a discount. I just looked, and I think your 7-Series maintenance could be extended to 6 years, 100,000 miles for $1945. That's over 10% less than what your dealer would charge. The extended maintenance is entered into the national BMWNA computer, so you're covered at whatever dealer happens to be servicing your car. I think a CPO car gets you warranty to 6-years, 100,000-miles anyway and this would complement that coverage.

Perhaps your dealer could be leveraged into selling the maintenance piece for less by using the quotation from twinkidneygrill.com. I tried that with my dealer on my 2007 530xi, and was told that they would not lower the price. I think in my case it was over $500 less at the time (1.5 years ago).

M3Driver guest

I negotiated my extended maintenance on my M3 between two dealerships and ended up saving about 700.00. For my M3 in 2006 I paid about 1300.00.

So....I'd shop competing dealers if that's logistically feasible for you.

GELSO

I purchase a 2008 328 XI. When I was offered the extended maintenance plan, I realized it was just offering an additonal two years, not a good buy for $1600, I thought.

dmason2002

Vehicle history

If the dealer will show you the bmw vehicle history report, there is a column for available upgrades that shows the MSRP. I have not heard of a dealer offering a contract at that price, I think they make $100 profit at msrp, so you should be able to shame them into getting closer to that price, since all they do is take your money and write it up.

kdickie guest

First time on this site as a new member - great information. I wish I had known about the extended maintenance agreements.

mackmorrowjr guest

I got one for $1600 extra 2 years and 100K for my 550I.

Lexington guest

So, what is covered under the extended maintenance program? Two oil changes and what else? This is maintenance not warranty... right? Should be able to figure what maintenance is covered and what it should normally cost to see if the program offers any reduction over normal costs.

mackmorrowjr guest

Normal wear items such as rotors,pads,wiper blades and any other maintenance items are covered.

Lonestar5

It might not be a good deal if you do not drive much. However, if you are a high mileage driver the plan is good for 50,000 miles; which might make it a better buy.

Also if you are the original owner, I think you can add that plan at any time prior to the original new car maintenance plan expiring, i.e., before either 4 years or 50,000 miles.

Blair780

Anyone have info on who is offering best or discounted pricing on BMW maintenance contracts now?

Autohaus guest

Our xi's CPO and maintenance expired this past March. The maintenance plan included:

Oil changed every 15K miles (I did one in-between)
    brake fluid
    wiper blades
    brake pads/rotors
    belts
    engine pulleys
    They might be able to change the 02 sensors right before you hit 100K miles if you are within the timeframe
    microfilters

The maintenance is good to have on top of the CPO as its as close to having a new car warranty. However, for $2300 that most dealers charge, its a bit too much. They had to change my front brake pads/rotors twice because a caliper froze causing the then new brake parts to warp. The dealer lost $900 because of this! I was fortunate to get a CPO with the maintenance package.