Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by BMcW, Mar 3, 2010.

BMcW

Hi, I'm new to the BMWCCA. My name is Blake. I have a 1988 325i convertible. I've been working on it since late 2007 and still have a looong way to go. I live in the Central Texas area so I look forward to some events with the Tejas chapter. I REALLY want to go to one of the ALMS races this year. Hopefully my time and budget will allow. I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

granthr

Welcome!!!!! There is a pretty strong core group of E30 fanatics here! :D Sounds like you have a great car. I really like the cabrios.

If you haven't already, buy the Bentley manual for the E30. It has lots of very useful information, even if you don't do much mechanical work.

Tahoe guest

Hey Blake. I'll be at the ALMS at Laguna Seca in May. There is usually a CCA hospitality tent sponsored by the Sac. Chaptor along with a pretty good group of club members from all over. At the last ALMS a huge group of us (over 100) gathered at the tent, walked as a group with BMW flags etc. over to the Letterman/Rayhal pit for a special club only presentation about the cars, drivers and stratagy along with a club only autograph session. Maybe I'll see you there.

Zeichen311

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your project and the satisfaction that comes from working on it yourself. You're in increasingly rarefied company.

I have this sneaking suspicion I too will end up with an E30 someday, likely a track rat. So far budget concerns and lingering sanity have kept that urge in check. Oh yeah, and a one-car garage. :p

Tahoe guest

I've owned a few BMWs over the years but I have to say I have had more fun working on this E30 more than any of them. I'm also really enjoying driving it. It definately is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

BMcW

I have the Bentley right in front of me. It's covered in filth and smells like gas.

BMcW

When is this? I live in Texas but I have a friend in Monterrey, CA. I talked last year about trying to drive out there to see this. I may just fly out there but he may be leaving soon.

BMcW

I have this sneaking suspicion I too will end up with an E30 someday, likely a track rat. So far budget concerns and lingering sanity have kept that urge in check. Oh yeah, and a one-car garage. :p[/QUOTE]

I would love to have a track car although I've never raced. I also have a single car garage and it's full of boxes.

BMcW

I agree. It isn't a super fast car but it works better the more you rev it which is fun.

az3579

As it should be!

Zeichen311

Easily fixed, you just need to change the fuel filter: section 020, page 24. :D

Ehhh, sorry, that's the E46 manual. Yours may be different.;)

tiFreak

welcome Blake, I'd like to get an E30 myself, just something about the simplicity that appeals to me, I can't find any so I have the next best thing, an OBDI 318ti with an LSD and no silly traction control :D enjoy your E30

granthr

+2 :D :D I have a few pages with grease rings from brake parts etc.

Zeichen311

+3 :D though in mine, it's grubby glove prints and smudges. I usually use the new parts (or their boxes) to mark my place. ;)

BMcW

Ditto except I usually use a screwdriver, my gloves, and/or a wrench to mark my place.

Elkoholic

Welcome to the club! Glad to hear there's another cabrio out there in the hands of a caring and loving owner--REPRESENT! :D

Tahoe guest

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. May 20 - 23. A good time will be had by all.