Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Day passes

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2010' started by mlik556, Mar 1, 2010.

mlik556

This is going to be our first O'fest, sorry about the rookie questions.

Me and my wife are planning to drive our e21 from California -- we will be in the area the whole week. We are looking at the schedule and some things are not clear:

1) Does the daily pass include everything that is happening that day? We have 1 car and it's two of us- I assume we need to get two passes for each day?

2) If we want to do some events that are happening during the day, do we just buy daily pass and skip events, or we can pay for each event separately? (Like TSD rallies for example)

3) Is it possible to just come by and see a driving school or club race? Are daily passes needed to come inside?

We are mainly interested in the concours, all the rallies and maybe autocrossing!

Thank you,
    Max
    • Staff

steven s

Max,
    Day passes include those events for that day, excluding driving school, car control clinic and autocross. Your wife needs to register separately.

It is not necessary to have a day pass to spectate providing you have signed our waiver and have been issued a wristband.

The autocross would require a day pass an $35 for the autocross each.

mlik556

Steven,
    Thank you for your reply, it makes it clear now.

See you there,
    Max

m20fever guest

ok, so day passes get you into any event that day. Why are there no day passes listed for saturday or sunday?

Thanks,
    Tony
    • Staff

steven s

Nothing going on that day require any additional charges other than the cost of the driving school. Spectators are welcome to visit providing they have an Ofest wristband after signing the waiver.

m20fever guest

good deal, thanks!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

An E21?!

You mean an E21 will make if from California to Wisconsin?! :D

KIDDING! HE'S KIDDING!

Actually, I'd appreciate it if you'd take some notes and some pictures so perhaps we can include your road trip in the Oktoberfest issue of Roundel!

I, of course, will be crossing the country in the roadster, hoping to avoid looking like the last time I drove to Texas:
    [FLOATLEFT] View attachment 2248 Sunscreen. Next year, I've GOT to get sunscreen.[/FLOATLEFT]

mlik556

Hi Satch,

Get that big straw hat! And sunscreen! I will do the same. In our case the lack of A/C requires the use of of our super 80's sunroof visor with adjustable "Clima Control" :)

Max & Veronica.

GSMetal

Day passes..(more)

I'm a little confused.

Do you have to register in advance for day passes or do you buy them the 'day of' AND if you get day passes the day of, are they are RA or at the Hotel?
    • Staff

steven s

You can register at the event but would like for you to register in advance, even if it's one day in advance.
    This way we can have your registration packet ready for you.

Registration is at the Osthoff on Monday and Tuesday then moves to the Skip Barber Building at Road America on Wednesday.