Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

rewards Visa credit card

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by garyseto, Feb 25, 2010.

garyseto guest

So I applied online using a link from an email yesterday morning.

I was wondering how long does it take for this process to occur as I did not receive an email back from the credit card company. Not even an email acknowledging me submitting the online form.

Enver

You should get an email soon with a link to upload your BMW's photo. The whole process takes 3 or 4 weeks. Frankly, I was disappointed with the finish of the VISA card (partly due the quality of the photo I uploaded). The photo is not properly aligned with the corners and edges of the VISA card.

lbarbieri

Well, you might want to reconsider. I've had this card for some time now. Recently, I decided to setup online payment via their website. When entering my bank information I missed one digit in my account number. They did not check it at that time and didn't pick up on it until my payment was due. The payment was rejected, as expected. I received a call at work from a woman that refused to identify herself or her purpose to me. Eventually, she told me what the issue was. I was able to correct it immediately and resubmitted the payment which was accepted the next day.

A few days later I tried to use the card and it was declined. I called to find out why. They had put a hold on the account and despite the quick correction on my part they will not release it for 10 days!

I was never informed that there was a hold on the account, so this makes for some embarassing situations when you try to pay for something. I find this practice and their customer service to be unacceptable. I will be canceling my card immediately and I would suggest that other members of the BMWCCA avoid this offer like the plague!

Pyewacket1

Paint me with the same brush. I applied on-line about 3 weeks ago, and no confirmation yet, either via e-mail or snail mail.

So, IMO, the "professional" image I have of the card provider has already started out with a bit of tarnish on it.

In my past experiences, attempting to do business with financail institutions I didn't feel absolutely great about have not turned out to be long-term relationships.

Maybe this one will be different.
    • Staff

executive director

Credit Card Issues

If you are experiencing any problems with PartnersFirst that cannot be resolved through their customer service department please feel free to contact me at fpatek@bmwcca.org or call 864-250-0022 and I wil assist you to the best of my ability.

Frank

Pyewacket1

Credit Card Process Update

UPDATE:

Its been about a month since I applied on-line for the card.

Today, I received my "PIN" number, but as yet, no card.

As instructed on the "PIN" number mailing, I contacted Partnersfirst Bank, and as expected, got the automated attendant. Of course, I was asked for the card number, which I don't yet have.

So, after a minute or so, alternative ways are given as to how to go forward... Such as...Give your SSN and birthdate, which I did. However, instead of getting me to a live operator as I had hoped, it actually activated the card I didn't yet have.

Next, I laid on the "0" button several times and was finally able to get to a live operator, who was very pleasant and helpful. Seems the pin notification was mailed out several days before the cards were mailed (cards were sent out on July 9th), so she temporarily disabled the cards until they arrive...hopefully, 5-7 days as she said.

I'm only posting this as an FYI. I'm not dis-satisfied or unhappy, but I was surprised it would let me activate a card without actually having the number. Go figure...

Pyewacket1

An update to the above....

Got my card after 4 weeks, and then submitted my photo to personalize my card. I received an email saying my image had been accepted and was told the new card would arrive in 7-10 days.

In 9 days, a new card arrived.... with the same image as the original (blue Z4). I called customer service and was told to re-submit my image once again, which I did yesterday. We'll see what happens next....

Other than that, the card works fine, and to be honest, I got the card to help support the Club, not to get a personalized image of my car on a credit card.

I get the feeling that this bank is a bit new to the "affinity" thing and on a learning "curve"... If its been at it a while, someone needs to take a second look at the operations and improve them.

03BeastCharmer

Wow.... My process went much smoother. I submitted my photo when I signed up for the card, so I only ever received 1 credit card. I haven't had any issues with the service in the last 18 mo except that I can't download transactions into Quicken. My wife did have issues and never could get a picture of her car to upload for her credit card. She isn't too upset since the the stock picture (Interlagos blue M Coupe), looks just like one of our cars :D

xxtxchrisxx

I can't find the location for applying for this.
    • Staff

executive director

Unfortunately, our vendor just ended our relationship. We are actively seeking a new partner. I am sorry for the inconvenience.