Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335i

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by jeanm, Feb 25, 2010.

Elkoholic

Um, QUESTION! Where does one go about getting the front Euro plate black plastic insert? Or is that exclusively included in the MTech kit?

jeanm guest

It's specific to euro bumpers, won't fit us diving board or plastic bumpers.

jeanm guest

Alright, one step closer to being done. Replaced the stock a/c fan with a spal pusher fan, and replaced an old fuel hose under the car as I was starting to smell fuel.

Rear
    [IMG]

[IMG]

another rear shot, with dual trunk lights
    [IMG]

Spal fan, nice and quiet at half speed and moves LOTS of air on full speed and still quiter than the stock a/c fan.
    [IMG]

jeanm guest

Mounting the fogs to the valance
    [IMG]

And the rest of the trim
    [IMG]

Front is on, came out pretty good for a first time doing prep work. Big thanks to Pinepig for shooting the paint/clear!

[IMG]

[IMG]

jeanm guest

[IMG]

[IMG]

2002 with it's empty bay and wiring mess....

[IMG]

jeanm guest

rear view

[IMG]

[IMG]

like this shot ...

[IMG]

jeanm guest

last few for now

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Side skirts are next, then swaybar / steering rack and struts/shocks upgrade.

Elkoholic

Ah, gotcha...thanks!

And BTW that ride is lookin' DAYUM good!

az3579

I'm getting slightly depressed now... I just tried yesterday to mount my front euro's and they won't fit properly...

:cry:

Looks too darned good............

tiFreak

big improvement over the diving boards, nice job, paint came out great for a DIY too, did the guy who did it have much experiance?

az3579

Quick question;

Does the use of the side skirts allow some space for use of a scissor jack, or the jack that comes in the trunk?

I'm thinking of getting one instead of having to carry around a floor jack to events, and don't want to waste my money if it's not "compatible" with the MT-I side skirts.

jeanm guest

Thanks! He has painted in the past, the 2002 you see in the background is his and also diy paint job as well.

I am not sure. Here is a picture of another e30 with m-tech skirts mounted.

[IMG]

[IMG]

MGarrison

Botond, unless your floor jack is monstrously huge, I'd suggest sticking with that, for the reason of a floor jack being an infinitely more stable platform for supporting the vehicle while jacking. I think you'd find using the factory or scissor jack potentially wobbly and less secure. Even using a jack stand and chocking the wheels, I would want to avoid the potential for a mishap. Furthermore, those would take longer to get a wheel up in the air. If you're going through swapping wheels, I'd think you'd want that to be as quick a process as possible.

az3579

Actually, the scissor jack that inspired me to get one was completely stable while jacking the car up, and went up extremely quickly with a portable drill. The reason for wanting the scissor jack is portability, and I cannot carry a jack with me at all times because it's just not convenient. The scissor jack can be placed in the little cubby where the factory jack would go, and if used in an emergency and a drill is not available, can be cranked up using the manual handle.

None of the cheap jacks available to me locally jack the car up enough to get the wheel off the ground, and the ones that can are too expensive and too heavy.

MGarrison

Whatever works 4 ya! One advantage of a a full size floor jack is being able to get one side in the air (for an E30, anyway) so you can swap 2 wheels with one instance of jacking. But yes, they are bulky and not terribly convenient to pack, particularly if you're stuffing all your wheels/tires and gear into the car. I used a jack similar to this for years, worked out to be a good choice for an intermediate-sized jack. After getting a roll-bar installed I started using a trailer and with more storage space available went to a Harbor Freight all-aluminum racing jack, and lately have been using Sear's equivalent.

jeanm guest

Got my new targa rs in black suede to replace the old worn/faded cloth seats.

[IMG]

These feel much firmer than the old ones, and hopefully won't fade.

[IMG]

[IMG]

jeanm guest

Parking lot was empty so I decided to take a few shots of the car.

Excuse the ride height, it's on stiff coils with some temp shocks until my revalved bilstein sports arrive...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

tiFreak

looks good, I like the new seats

az3579

I hate aftermarket seats.

Which is why I'm absolutely floored about the fact that I LOVE those seats!
    How much? What brand/model are they?

jeanm guest

These are made by Corbeau, TRS is the model. You can get them in cloth (don't, I did and they faded in 3 years), suede or leather. Prices depend on options, and you can order them with center hole for 5 point harness if you want.