Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

acrylic windscreen for a Z4

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by 362911, Apr 6, 2008.

Hi,before I run out and replace my mesh windscreen with an acrylic one.Does any current owner of an acrylic windscreen have any complaints,such as buffeting wind noise,etc.

DavecIAS guest

I just put mine in last week. I love it. Wind buffetting is dramatically less. It wasn't easy to install but it wasn't hard either. One roll hoop piece made a small rattling noise at first but I adjusted and it seems fine now.

I got this one.

http://64.225.94.154/ShopSite/page52.html

It looks much better than the other types.

Thank you for the info.

cpsalas guest

How great is this? I was just preparing to purchase the windscreen mentioned above when I thought I should check this site for any other options. I'm glad I did. Now I can buy it with confidence. Enjoy!

dwulffusa

I have the roadster solutions one. Much less buffeting, but still no where close the the almost windless serenity of a the new 3 vert that I had a while back. Why is that, you would think it would be worse in a bigger car?
    Be very careful keeping it clean, it scratches as easily as an ipod.

guenelin

The windscreen is much smaller on the Z4, so is the windshield. These two combine for much more buffeting than on a 3-series (even with the windows up). I've heard that the aerodynamic aids that cover the space behind the shoulder-belt and the top (when the top is down) make a difference too, bought them but haven't tried them yet.

zee4mike guest

Wind Deflector

Roadster Solutions wind deflector claims simple installation with no drilling required. How does it attach? Just got my Z4 and am looking forward to taking some rides this Fall.

dwulffusa

It has rubber guides that stick to both roll hopes and a small one on the bottom. Look closely at the roadster solutions pictures. The guides have grooves in them that the screen slides into. Its a firm fit so it doesnt slide out.

Cwalsh1109 guest

This was the first thing I purchased for my car 2 years ago and it made a huge difference. Installs in minutes and works very well. Be very careful cleaning it as has been mentioned above. I would avoid anything but a chamois or a dust brush to clean it.