Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Z Owner

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by MomoZ3, Feb 13, 2010.

MomoZ3 guest

Just bought a 200l Z3 2.5 with 18,000 original miles. The mechanic tells me it is PERFECT! I have loved the Z3 since it came out but never could justify a 2-seater. Now I'm nearing retirement, am by myself, and this is a pre-retirement gift to myself. I'm having more fun that an old lady should be allowed to have.

tiFreak

I hope you're keeping your speed down, the bright yellow makes an easy target for police radar guns :D

zee4mike guest

Beautiful yellow Z! Police radar seems drawn to Z's yellow or not, but its not the top speed I love, its the getting there with a tight corner in between.

lcjhnsn

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the fold!

What part of the Country do you call home?

LuckyK guest

Congrats!

What a great car! Zs are easy to love.

LuckyK

dizzytats guest

She's a beauty! And even if you never test the top-end of the speedomoter, I bet everywhere you travel, you'll be going a thousand smiles per hour!

MomoZ3 guest

I live in Spring, Texas (north of Houston) so I'm nearing top-down weather. Been really rainy this winter but we've had 4 days of sun so I'm hopeful!!

I've had my car about 3 weeks now and am finally getting past the feeling it has a hugh bulleye painted on it. You know how it is when you get a "new" car. So I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow and going on a short road-trip!!

MomoZ3 guest

MomoZ3

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

darreldore guest

Congrats You'll love it!

I reentered the roadster market in 2005 with a 1999 Miata with 20,000 miles on it and it was a dream. It reminded me of the last roadster I had in 1993 which was a 1979 Triumph Spitfire, but as I retired in 2007, my plan was to drive cross country from the SC coast, where I live to CA and back, so the Miata was looking a little small for that. So,early one November morn in '07, while suffering from insomnia, I found a Z3 on Craigslist, emailed, set an appt met and became the 3rd owner of a 2000 2.8L Z3 with 29,000miles! Spent a few months checking it over, then drove from SC to Port Arthur,TX to Albuquerque,NM to Portland,OR to San Francisco then back to SC. It was a fantastic trip!!! Now late this summer I am planning a trip to Vancouver and points NW, Can't wait. Now I have 58,000mi with no trouble at all, except a crazy odometer....but nothing mechanical...Hope you have the fun I am having!

03BeastCharmer

Congrats and welcome.

Hope to see you and the car out at some of the Houston CCA events.

Mugwumpus

Brilliant choice, I got my roadster ('99 M) last July, and it was the best auto decision I have ever made!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the zoo!

Houston? HOUSTON?! Why, that means you're in the middle of the TEXAS ROAD MONKEYS!

Hang out with those honyacks for a while, and I'm sure we'll see you at Oktoberfest in August!

:D :D :D

MomoZ3 guest

MomoZ3

Attended last Saturday's event at Hobby Airport. Had a lot of fun, met some really great people and saw some awesome cars! I'm looking forward to the next event.

MomoZ3 guest

MomoZ3

Don't know that I'm up to that much traveling, but I did take a short "road trip" last Thursday. I'm looking for a house in the country for retirement so that was my main objective. That, and just taking my car out on the freeway and letting it goooooooooo............... FUN FUN FUN!!!!!! Did not find the house of my dreams but I sure enjoyed the drive!!!

BMWtoyz guest

The wife and I do this one every year in our 98 M roadster, Chuck-a-Nut Drive http://chuckanutdrive.com/

The roadster on the drive last fall:

MomoZ3 guest

MomoZ3

Sorry for the delay. Been out-of-pocket (not a road trip) and then dealing with the flu. Cannot agree more - AWESOME car. I'm still enjoing the stares but am already tired of the nuts at the stop lights with something to prove. Fortunately we both know WE have NOTHING to prove. :) Summer this year is going to FUN!!!!

MomoZ3 guest

MomoZ3

Sorry for the delay. Been out-of-pocket (not road trip) and then dealing with the flu. Yes, HOUSTON!!!

Would love to do an Oktoberfest but probably not this year. Have run out of vacation dealing with family stuff. Maybe next year or, if not, surely the follow year as then I WILL BE RETIRED!!! :)