Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bluetooth Connection 325i

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by Angie, Apr 5, 2008.

Angie guest

I have a 2003 325i model. Does anyone know how to set up a bluetooth connection in my vehicle?

Musikpro guest

I think its a dealer thing

I'm not 100% positive on this, I still need to do this too, but I think its something you have to get a dealer to setup or program or something.

Angie guest

Ok, thank you.

ksneubec guest

I just purchased an '05 330ci and literally just came back inside from setting up the Bluetooth. This is what I did:

On the steering wheel, I pushed the R/T button until it went from radio, to CD player, to the phone function. It said on the radio display "activate phone" Or something similar. I then put my phone on bluetooth search function, where the phone searches for a bluetooth signal. The phone "found" the car pretty quickly. From there, I entered the 4 digit pass key for the BMW into the cell phone. This was provided by the dealer on a laminated white card, found in my glove box. From there on in it seemed to work.

Good luck.

Musikpro guest

awesome!

Ok, I'm gonna try that tonight... Thanks for the tip!

Jonathan Spira guest

Do you already have a Bluetooth module installed? That is the most important question before any other.

sharpja guest

You should have a bluetooth pairing button with a talking head on it (it could be the same as the one on the steering wheel, but I haven't tried it). With the ignition off, press the BT pairing button for 1 sec, and holding the button down, turn the accessories on. Keep the pairing button down for another 2-3 sec. When you release, the radio should say "BT pairing" or something similar.

You can then put your phone in BT search mode. When it finds your car, enter the pass key to it up on your phone. Once the pairing is complete, cycle the ignition switch off and on, and they should sync within 30 sec of turning the ignition power back on.

186829 guest

Checking for Bluetooth in an E46 (2003 325i)

How do you check if a Bluetooth module is installed in an E46 (2003 325i)?

Jonathan Spira guest

As the post above yours indicates, you would have the pairing button, which is in the armrest of the center console.

jackem17 guest

Angie, I recently procured a 2005 325 ci w/ the aforementioned Bluetooth. It's not that hard. Get the separate phone manual from your dealer if it did not come w/ you car. #1 thing to remember, the car only talks to the phone not your SIM card, so transfer all your #'s to you phone before you even get started.

Jack