Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

preventive Maintenance

Discussion in 'Warranty questions' started by bluewagon, Feb 9, 2010.

bluewagon

My 03 sport wagon is nearing 100k miles. I plan to change the Oxygen Sensors,and changing the Transmission fluid. should I change the Differential fluid at the same time?????
    Bluewagon

granthr

I would and I would continue to change the trans, diff, and power steering fluid every 30k.

bluewagon

Fluid change cost

How much should changing trans ,diff, brake and power steering cost at an independent shop cost?
    bluewagon

Steven Otto

I just had all of those done, + an oil change at an indy shop and it was $310.

On a sub zero day, I never thought twice about paying that.

bha7176

Grant -

First "hi", my name is Bryan and I just joined today. I live in Halifax, west of Harrisburg on 322. I see that I was automatically placed in the Nittany sub-chapter - cool because I graduated from Penn State in '96.

Question for you - where would the closest honorable indy BMW shop be to me - any ideas? Use to be Bavarian Motors in Harrisburg by the Farm Show on MacClay street, but that's gone.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

-Bryan

granthr

Welcome to the club!!! I live in State College. Grew up here, moved away, and just came back after 15 years. So I guess I am a Townie. :)

I would strongly recommend CR's BMW Wholesale. Chris is a great guy and is everything BMW. His website is http://www.bmwwholesale.net/. He did the tranny swap in my 325ix and does great work. He is a supporter of the club and is just an all around great guy. He is in Newville, just south of Carlisle, so not too far from you. Just let him know I referred you. :D

M3Driver guest

Sound like you could use a copy of Mike Miller's (Tech Talk) Old School Maintenance document. Email him at 'techtalk@roundel.org'

Cheers...

bha7176

Thanks! ARe his prices reasonable too?

granthr

Chris is very reasonable. Much better than the dealer.