Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Any Zaino fanatics in here?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by FearUndersteer, Apr 4, 2008.

194648 guest

WDW did you get it ??

Did your Bimmer come in ? Bet you are in Driver's Car Heaven !!! :) :) :)
    DanF

WDW1Fanatic guest

Unfortunately has not arrived yet. Long story of it sitting at the plant for an undertermined reason missing a number of ships. It was not released to the carrier to get to Bremerhaven for 10 days after build was complete. After arrival at Port Hueneme here in SoCal, it's been locked-up with all other US turbos awaiting CARB certification. According to the CA State site, certification happened yesterday, so I'm hopeful once again I'll be behind the wheel in another few days. I've got my Zaino ready to go. Swept out the empty garage bay again yesterday. Maybe I'll go wash the microfiber again this weekend for good measure. ;) Thx for checking in!

194648 guest

WDW1 Fanatic -

I am so sorry to hear that your car got held up - sounds unreal for BMW to do this or even have this happen to them. Thought that CARB certification would have been worked out before vehicles were shipped - hope that this is really on the level, and that nothing happened to the car/s and they are all getting repaired, etc..
    As you may know, not long ago, an entire boatload of cars went under somewhere out there..
    Your 09 sounds beautiful from your description, wow, I wish I had been able to get one instead of the '08 IS350, but its ok, it is a very nice car too, but will never be in the same league as the vehicles from Munich. :) :)

Might be good to get something from your dealer in writing that says that the vehicle has arrived with no damage and was not damaged at the Port of Entry either. Hope it all works out to your satisfaction !

I was just at the Dealer this morning, getting some expandable rivets that hold part of the front fender inner liner on our '03 540iT M5 look-alike. Had to pull the right front liner out and take the huge windshield washer tank out, with the 3 pumps on it, and clean it all up so the washers, 4 on the hood, 4 on the front bumper and one on the back glass would work again. Geez, what a small pain that was. But got it all done, they all squirt great now, and this German-War-Wagon :) is ready for winter if/when it gets out of the garage.

They dont have any '09's at the Dealer here yet, but the '08 335 is still the most beautiful car around !! The 135 Sport looks really nice too, but it looks smaller inside and higher on the outside.
    Already had a small inside low outside vehicle - an '02 Z3 M-Coupe.. :)

Anyway, keep up posted, we are all pullin' for ya !!

DanF

WDW1Fanatic guest

Took delivery of my new '09 E93 335i Convertible on 10/24/2008. Loving it! Pictures in my gallery.

194648 guest

WDW1 Fanatic -

Congratulations ! She is beautiful !!!!

DanF

Bluestar guest

Consider also...

For us lazy or busy types I was recently pleasantly surprised with the use of Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry. You just spray on when wet and easily wipe dry. It doesn't cloud or streak and gives a slippery shiny finish. Although I don't claim it to be better than Zaino, consider it for a quick wax job. Its durability and how long it lasts remain to be seen.

194648 guest

Thanks for the tip on the Eagle-1 wax as you dry product. I have always heard good feedback on their products and if it works for you, that's all that matters, right ?
    DanF

missmelyssa guest

Yes, I love the Zaino products.
    Check out some of the customer videos on youtube.

missmelyssa guest

You won't be disappointed.

missmelyssa guest

My first wash was with dawn to remove the wax.
    But from then on I use....
    z7 for washes.
    I have the zfx z2 and z5, using z6 in between. and then end with z8.
    I have sparkling graphite as well. love it.