Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hi :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cvuittonet, Jan 15, 2010.

cvuittonet guest

My name is Cindy and I have a e46 330Ci that I absolutely adore. We have had some great times over the past 3 years, so I decided to take the plunge and become a BMWCCA member. I am a medical student in RI and don't know much when it comes to fixing small things on the e46 (hey I just recently learned how to add coolant and check my tire pressure). I can't wait to learn a lot from everyone here

CRKrieger

OK; you have my sympathy for having to endure Rhode Island, but OTOH, you have a very cool car to get the hell away from it occasionally. I'll recommend you hook up with our pals who do driver schools at NHIS and Lime Rock and find out what your car can REALLY do. ;)

cvuittonet guest

That is something I was looking into, I definitely want to see what it is supposed to do. I am told I drive like a grandma, so I really really want to learn how to properly drive it and make the most out of it.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the group Cindy. Check out the web sites for the Connecticut Valley and Boston Chapters for great events to participate in. I know the Boston chapter does tech sessions for women only who want to learn more about their vehicles. We have all kinds of events around the Northeast to join in on.

JES635

Welcome to the Boston Chapter

By living in RI you become a member of the Boston Chapter...welcome!

There is a BMW Dealership in Middletown RI (near Newport RI) called BMW of Newport located at 1215 West Main Road (401)847-9600. John Tyler is the Service Manager there and is very savy about BMWs. I believe the Parts Department (talk to Scott) there gives members a 20% discount on BMW Parts.

Another BMW Dealership in Warwick RI is Inskip BMW Auto Center located at 1515 Baldhill Rd. (Rt.2). (401) 821-1510 Lisa Disai is the Parts Mgr. there and also gives a 20% discount on BMW Parts.

VOTE IN JANUARY FOR JOHN SULLIVAN NORTH ATLANTIC REGION VP:)

CRKrieger

This message brought to you by ... John Sullivan.

John's an OK guy, even if he is trying to swing an election with anonymous forum posts. :rolleyes:

Given the feedback for your driving, I think you need some confidence boosters before you hit the big track. Check into a 'car control' or a Street Survival school if you can find one close by. This will help a lot with the 'intimidation factor' and it will show you, in a very safe environment, how much more your car is capable of doing than you are comfortable doing with it. You might even want to try entry in one or more of your area's excellent autocross competitions. While not as individually supervised or controlled (You're on your own on course.), this, too, is valuable experience in learning how much you can toss your car around without hurting it in the least.

tiFreak

I'd recommend the Street Survival program, I've done it twice :D I think it's open to people up to 21 but you could look into that

CRKrieger

Thanks for the endorsement. I've taught it twice ...

cvuittonet guest

thank you all so much for the info. I'll definitely look into the Street Survival program once the weather gets better.

On a side note, I hit 100,000 mi today and for some reason I am super happy about that :)

I also have to say that the BMW CCA discount saved me quite a bit on parts when I got my car worked on at Newport BMW (they are the most amazing people ever btw!)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

Oh my God, the Bhastin Chaptuh! Well, at least you're hangin' out with history; that's where the BMW CCA got started forty years ago. . . .

Yeah, I'd start with Street Survival if you're young enough---but it's the same as car-control clinics. And I think your area probably has a lot of autocross action once you can find the parking lots under the snow. It's fun, and a pretty good way to find the limits of your car without crashing.

Anyway, welcome again! I'm glad your membership is paying off for you!

Zeichen311

Wait 'til you hit 200,000--it feels twice as good.:D Welcome aboard!

CRKrieger

Um, you're supposed to be "doin' the ton" (100 mph) when that happens. You're also supposed to take a picture of your dash at the same time. I don't know why so few people survive that ... :confused:

You get another chance at 110K. :D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh, now I get it!

Wait a minute. . . I think I understand now.

Your CAR reached 100,000 miles!

Jeez, I thought somebody was catching up with me!

JES635

Newport RI BMW Dealership

Hi Cindy:

I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at BMW of Newport. They are an "Award of Execellence" BMW Dealership and have a top notch crew there!

Check out the Boston Chapters website for our Safety Schools (ADSS) at
    www.boston-bmwcca.org!

John Sullivan

VOTE IN JANUARY FOR JOHN SULLIVAN NORTH ATLANTIC REGION VP