Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Griot's Garage Supplies Have Arrived

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by jlwsbw, Jan 13, 2010.

jlwsbw

My Griot's Garage supplies all arrived yesterday. So far Im extremely impressed and am testing the products out on my wife's Audi and my older 4runner. If anyone out there is thinking of ordering, strongly recommend speaking to one of their reps about which products best suit your needs. It can save you a bundle.

wretched

Good Luck!

I guess I should have called them first...

What did you order?

jlwsbw

You mean, what didn't I order! I probably went a little overboard, but I enjoy the satisfaction that goes along with making the car look beautiful:
    Spray on car wash
    Regular car wash
    one step paint sealer and clay bar
    speed shine
    window cleaner
    engine bay cleaner
    tire/vinyl dressing
    leather cleaner
    interior cleaner
    couple of brushes and lots of microfiber cloths
    microfiber drying towel

wretched

OHHH Drooling! Thats some good stuff! I am having mixed results with the glass cleaner. Sometimes its nice and clean others streaky. I was also using there glass microfiber towel and didn't care for it to much or I was not using them right! The waterless car wash is good for those after spray booth car washes and grime. The Interior and leather cleaner works awesome! If you would let me know what you think of the paint sealant that would be wonderful. I have yet to try it and am curios how well it works/looks versus wax.

rspeser

Since you bought all of their products, you might consider the under carriage cleaner, IMO it makes the wheel wells look fantastic. I have just ordered the Sonax Nano Wax since I am always looking for the latest and greatest and am looking forward to trying it.

528eta guest

I agree Griots products work great, if your windows have streaks on them after you have already cleaned them once, (with window cleaner) try wiping them down with a completely dry microfiber, you might need to use some pressure though.

wretched

Perhaps the Griots car wash (plush green) micro fiber?

rspeser

FWIW the Sonax Wax arrived today and it does give a very nice shine. I can't say that it is better than Griots Best of Show Wax but is super easy to apply and more than super easy to remove. I've found that Best of Show is a pain to remove unless you use their spray on wax over it to remove it.

Brian A

I use Windex and crumpled pages of newspaper. Don't scoff until you try it. Sports Section seems to work best.

Zeichen311

Seconded! I've been using this method for over a decade, though I prefer Stoner's Invisible Glass over Windex. Nothing, but nothing, beats newspaper: streak-free cleaning, zero lint and less friction (less work!) than microfiber.

Thanks much for that tip. Griot's catalog is as bad as a Swiss chocolate shop, it's tempting to just get one of everything....

tiFreak

it's cheaper too :D it's a great method as long as you don't mind black palms

M3Driver guest

Coffee filters work great too.

Brian A

I have never had the ink rub off.

That means paying money!! Eeek.