Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E36 Pre-Purchase Check and Burbank/Glendale CA BMW Shops...

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by JDiazAmador, Jan 12, 2010.

JDiazAmador

Hey Guys,

I'm going to be looking at 3 series cars for purchase over the next week or two. At the moment the best candidate is an E36 325, but I still keep my eye open for a decent M3, and even an E30 is a possibility if the right deal comes along.

What are some important areas to check on an early E36 (1993?). Any 325i particular problem areas? I know about the E36 cooling system problem.

Can anyone recommend a shop in Burbank/North Hollywood/Glendale? I'd like to find a shop close to the office where I work to check out potential purchase candidates.

Thanks for your help.

-Jorge
    Hollywood, CA

Larrio guest

You can try the M Shop in Eagle Rock, they have a good reputation (but they are very busy).

E36 problem areas would be the cooling system, the front and rear subframe, RTAB (rear trailing arm bushings).

granthr

If you can, buy the newest E36 you can afford. Stay away from the 92, 93, E36 cars. These cars have interiors that just fall apart. BMW was trying to make the interiors more recyclable, but ended up with vinyl de-laminating. It will be frustrating to deal with. Your money would be better spent on a well taken care of E30 or a later model E36.

ronkirkland