Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Wow - 1st entry!

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by Buckeye653, Feb 25, 2008.

Buckeye653

I have a 1982 633 CSi, 5-speed, E12 chassis. In the process of rebuilding just about the entire car. Suspension complete. Some minor engine items done but will soon need a complete rebuild. Starting on interior renovation. Destined to become a track car. Inspiration for numerous articles in chapter newsletter (not technical, just "a-day-in-the-life" of fixing an old E24). Love-hate relationship. You know what I mean!

George
    Ohio

ToddFather guest

Good luck with the project. You'll have to post some pics. I just picked up mine and drove it home last week, and just love the way these things drive. Great touring coupe, indeed. :D

az3579

E12? Is that a separate 5er you've got?

Buckeye653

The late 70's and 80's 5-series and 6-series shared chassis and drivetrain components. The early 5-series was the E12 designation and the later models were the E28 designation. The 6-series during this time period was always the E24 model designation although there were various suspension and engine changes. From 1977 to mid-1982 the 6-series shared chassis components with the E12. After mid-1982 production the 6-series shared chassis components with the newer E28 5-series.