Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335d - longest trip (timewise) yet

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Jonathan Spira, Dec 27, 2009.

Jonathan Spira guest

Because the drive from Roßfeld (near Berchtesgaden) is mostly not via an Autobahn (mostly Bundesstraßen and Landstraßen), the trip to Graz - 250 km - took 3 hrs.

It covered 2 Autobahnen, multiple Bundesstraßen and Landstraßen - and 6 Tunnels!

See slide show with complete route here.

Johan guest

Looks like a great drive, I was out driving the highway this morning but only because I wanted to drive. I didnt have anything as nice as your scenery but it felt great anyway lol. Sometimes you just got to get out and go smiles.
    Johan

granthr

I have been enjoying your pictures and write up. I noticed that the wheels on your car when you picked it up are different than what you have on it now. Did BMW give you loaner snow tires for your time in Europe? Or are these your extra wheels and tires? Where is the other set. I hope you are not having to lug them around with you! :)

Jonathan Spira guest

Thanks and I rented winter tires from ED Winter Tires - very convenient and I couldn't have done the trip otherwise.

granthr

Wow, what a great service for picking up a BMW during the winter months! :D Do they rent R compound tires for picking up in the summer and heading to the Ring, aka Green Hell!!! LOL :D

M3Driver guest

Lovely time of year to be there. I was born in Leoben myself.

Jonathan, you have a hard life.....:D

Jonathan Spira guest

Hmmm, I wonder how many times they could rent those :D

Jonathan Spira guest

Super - another Austrian here. Das freut mich sehr.

granthr

Maybe once, twice if the first guy is a newbie! :D

M3Driver guest

Left as a small lad though, we are planning a trip back there in 2010 if all works out. My wife gets the travel bug every time we see the "Sound of Music". :)

Safe reist mein Freund und zieht einen Stein auf mir hoch!