Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Satch's Z

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by SchnuckiE30, Dec 18, 2009.

SchnuckiE30 guest

Hey Satch, I hope you're doing well and standing up to some of the less intellegent comments hurled your way in the mag. Your drive to Georgia last year was outstanding - thanks for the write-up on that!
    Did you re-paint your Z? It had the funkadellic flame job before and something else now, right? How's the car holding up so far? Can you give us an anti-JDPower report?
    I have to get my E30 back to life, it's sitting while I stew with a common American affliction - unemployment.

All the best >>>>>

SchnuckiE30

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I feel yer pain!

I always feel about one month away from unemployment myself---hang in there, amigo!

As for the roadster, yes, we completely repainted the front end. It still has flames, but they are very faint "ghost" flames over the Motorsport stripes. We painted the wheels red at the same time.

Reactions are mixed. . . .

Not much to say regarding upkeep and maintenance. It's still on the CPO warranty, which has so far paid for a battery (right after I bought it) and a hood tension thingie (otherwise it would have cost me $7!). Oh, and they replace the wiper blades every year. Changed brake fluid in Memphis (BMW's nickel there, too).

I do pay for my own oil changes in between the scheduled ones, because I intend to keep this rat forever. Or until it's paid for---which may amount to the same thing!

tiFreak

any pictures? :D

az3579

My thoughts exactly.
    Red wheels, Satch? You have me intrigued.

M3Driver guest

Look in the recent issue of Roundel in the Octoberfest articles(s). You'll see a side profile of Satch's car alongside an older Z3. However I'd like to see some profile pics myself.

tiFreak

cool, I see it, something else that's awesome (I think) there's a ti in the background of his profile picture :D

[IMG]

az3579

Dare I say it, I haven't had time to read Roundel in months.