Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Car covers?

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by LuckyK, Dec 14, 2009.

LuckyK guest

Just bought my z3. I am looking at car covers to use until I get everything out of the garage. I am still recoving from H1N1, and we have not even started clearing out space for the car. So, for now the we will have to let the new baby sleep outside ... as we are in Kansas City, MO the weather is ... well not good for man or beast or convertables.

So, as we are picking the car up on Friday ... I need to get prepared ... I have been looking at several different tops ... I am not sure how much we will drive the car. I thought that we would only use it 2 or 3 days a week, but our mechanic (my brother-in-law and owner of several Goodyear stores) says that it really needs to be driven. So we want a cover that is easy to get on and off ... if that is possible. (We will not be driving it in the salt and sand! We also will be staying away from the crazy drivers on ice or in the snow.)

I was thinking about the covers with the door padding as we have two 21 year olds in the house ... or should I say in the drive way with 4 cars in and out the driveway most nights.

Thanks for your responses.

LuckyK

John in VA

http://www.covercraft.com/ has many choices of materials, so do some study and give them a call. It is no fun to wrestle with a heavy wet cover! Hope you can get your baby inside soon!

ggondek

Congrats

Congrats on your "new" Z3! I do not have a suggestion for a car cover. I am writing because I have two and had to leave one (that had a brand new top) outside for a while. The amount of water I got inside the car was tremendous. I think that waterproofing the top would have helped. Don't leave it outside if you can.
    I moved another car to a storage space so as to have both Zs in my garage. I am in southern OH so have similar weather to Kansas City. Good luck.

John in VA

Check out RaggTopp products, available many places but here's a link:
    http://www.autogeek.net/rafaca.html

tiFreak

does anyone make removable hard-tops for the Z3? if you have the money I think that would be the best option

Satch SoSoCalifortified

BMW car covers

I have always been happy with the covers I got from Bavarian Auto.

It's pretty easy to put mine on and off, especially after Ms. Kelly taught me about always rolling it the same way so you wind up with the front end at the front of the car.

LuckyK guest

Thank you.

Thank you for the all of the help.

LuckyK

Satch SoSoCalifortified

tiFreak

you can't link to a specific page on Bavauto's website, I think it's because they use Javascript or something similar, but any link just goes to the homepage

ZMCoupe guest

Covered in SC

Recently moved to SC and had to make a decision between renting a garage or covering. I chose the Sunshield cover because it was light, breathed, protected best against UV, and it is custom fit with mirror pockets. It is a snap to put on and really keeps the dew, rain, and dust off well. It goes on in about 30 seconds if you put the mirrors on first, then front, and pull tight to rear. Here is a link

http://www.carcoversdirect.com/prod...8/?options=+2+Mirror+Pockets%2C++Sunbrella%AE