Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Dealer decal

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by adilchoksey, Dec 10, 2009.

adilchoksey guest

Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove the dealer name decal from the trunk of my new M3?

rspeser

Very carefully take you finger nail and pull off the decal. If it's cold try a hair dryer to soften up the vinyl. When you get it off take some goo gone or similar product to remove the residue. Takes a few minutes and if done carefully will not damage the paint.

adilchoksey guest

Thanks. I hate those. Free advertisement for the dealer.

CRKrieger

In many states, you can demand that the dealer remove it and they have to do so. Dealers that once had plates riveted or screwed to decklids got tired of buying such customers new body panels, so all the smart ones now use stick-ons.

BMWtoyz guest

A dealer who would stick his decal on the deck lid of a new BMW has no class!

BIMMIR guest

Use a hairdryer to warm it up and then slowly start on one side and pull it off. If you keep even heat on it and pull it back on itelf slowly, you may not have any residue. That's the way it happened for me.
    Next, if you want to debadge it, do the same thing, with a little dental floss under the emblem and it will pop right off. After the emblem is off, the hairdryer will take the black foam adhesive off in the same manner described above. I took my 328i and xdrive emblems off. I might keep the M emblems they are much cooler!

lcjhnsn

Note that the goo gone will also remove any wax that may have been applied to the area. So, make sure you wash the area with soap and water then rewax after using the goo gone.

drummerfc

Absolutely agree...and I would apply this to most cars IMO!!

For my last several car purchases from a dealer, prior to signing anything I would ask the dealer to please NOT degrade my newly acquired car with their free advertising. All of them have agreed not to do so. Last year I bought my wife an '09 Lexus RX350 for Christmas and as I started to ask the salesman not to slap their dealer sticker on, he stopped me in mid-sentence, anticipated what I was asking, and said "we NEVER do that!".

BMWtoyz guest

Great dealer, when I bought my first BMW that dealer said the same thing.