Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

TIRE Suggestions!!!????

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by E34_William, Dec 8, 2009.

E34_William guest

95' 530i (E34)

i need new tires asap im looking for all season

Goodyear GT ?

SIZE:
    225/60 R15
    205/65 R15

Any ideas would be appreciated..thanks in advance

shanneba

I would check the tires on Tire Rack, read some of the reviews. Don't forget the free 1 year BMWCCA membership from Goodyear until Jan 31st.

I liked the Goodyear Eagle RSAs that came on my 2003 330Ci. I also liked the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3, but they don't work well in cold weather or snow.

CRKrieger

First of all, where are you located, and how do you drive, that you'd settle for a completely compromised tire like an "all season"? They are crap from the word "go".

As for the Goodyears mentioned above, I wouldn't buy the RSA on a bet after my experiences a few years ago at a Road America driver school. I had two different students in identical cars (Audi A4 Quattros). One was on Goodyear RSAs and the other on Yokohama AVS Intermediates. It was raining that day. Both my student (and his wife, in other sessions) and I slid and spun the Goodyears repeatedly. The Yokos were amazing with their wet grip. The car was stable and controllable everywhere. If you have no direct comparison for the Goodyears, they might seem OK (Audi seemed to think they'd be good original equipment.), but when you get a back-to-back hands-on driving comparison like I got, your eyes are opened.

JerseyGeorge guest

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.....best tire in it's class!

CRKrieger

What class is that? :confused:

jrpisha

Try the Pirelli P Zero Nero All Seasons

Try the Pirelli P Zero Nero All Seasons. I ran these for two years on my 2000 528i and really liked their ride, handling, low level of road noise, and I drove them almost 40k miles. As an added bonus, they looked great too !

J