Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Can IDrive software be upgraded on 2006 E65?

Discussion in 'E65/E66 (2002-2008)' started by PDUBOKC, Nov 16, 2009.

PDUBOKC

Greetings all.

I want to upgrade the iDrive on my 2006 E65 750i. The software that runs the iDrive does not "navigate" as well through the telephone and iPod menus as well as I'd like and I know that their was an iDrive software update in the 2007 E65. I called my local dealer and they didn't know if it can be done "without trying and without charging me to try." So, I wanted some input here to find out if it is feasible. Thank you for your help with this!

PDUBOKC

:)

cobradav guest

Yes it can be upgraded, however, you may have to pay for the labor if it is not to fix specific issues you may be having and known to be fixed by the software. Typically for the other E6x models this amounted to 1.5 hours. iDrive software was updated for the E65/66 on these release dates:

09-03 (third month in 2009)
    08-12
    08-03
    07-09
    07-03
    06-09

I do not have a list of specific fixes as the E65/66 really did not have that many issues in idrive that were fixed via software that I can recall. As is typical for software updates the very latest version incorporates all the fixes/upgrades in the previous releases so only the latest need be installed.
    1 people like this.

PDUBOKC

Thank you very much for the information cobradav! I appreciate the help. I've already called the dealership and made the appointment. Excellent news! THANK YOU!

PDUBOKC