Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Video Camera Mount for an E30

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Brian A, Nov 14, 2009.

Brian A

az3579

Wow, that is a heckuvalot more complicated than the one I have. Mine's a simple bar, with holes drilled in it and U-joints with wing nuts to attach to the passenger side headrest. Then I have a very large piece of foam usually velcroed to the end of it so my helmet doesn't get destroyed if I hit it, with the camera right near the end of it.

Brian A

I suppose. It was a couple hours work and $50. I wanted something that didn't vibrate when it stuck out the window.

That is another concern I have. Should I ever roll or crash on the track, my head is in my helmet and I have enough holes in my head already. Even as-is, I worry that its not secure enough.

az3579

The solution: don't crash.
    Seriously.

What are the chances that you'll roll the car? Not very high, and lowering helps as well.

Honestly, short of using suction-cup mounts, I don't see a "safe" way (in respect to rolling over) to do it. Then again, I don't know the full range of products available, but if you want the cheap way out, then you'll have to pay in other respects.